Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Problem with ThemeChanger......

Problem with ThemeChanger......
p.h..i...l....
Forum Regular
Jun 1, 2003, 05:55 PM

hi folks,

i�m having trouble with themechanger, can�t start the application any more.... already tried a using fresh copy and deleting the preferences, but no way.... :-/

i know i could have contacted the developers directly, but since i know that they are reading the forums frequently and i thought maybe someone else has similiar problems i�m posting it here.

mrtew
Professional Poster
Jun 1, 2003, 11:04 PM

That happened to me once too, and I just did what it said and everything has been fine since.

I love the U.S., but we need some time apart.

Angus_D
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 2, 2003, 11:52 AM

I don't read these forums that regularly any more, I'm not too interested in GUI Customization. Anyway, apparently the md5sum of binaries in OS X is changed randomly by prebinding. This sucks. A lot. I would remove the check, but I'm not working on ThemeChanger any more.

p.h..i...l....  (op)
Forum Regular
Jun 2, 2003, 02:47 PM

i think i will switch to duality..... can someone tell me, how to remove themechanger completely and switch back to aqua?

thanks in advance...

Angus_D
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 2, 2003, 05:05 PM

Originally posted by p.h..i...l....:
i think i will switch to duality..... can someone tell me, how to remove themechanger completely and switch back to aqua?
I believe this is covered in the readme. Just go file->revert to aqua or whatever, and if you installed tcfix, file->uninstall tcfix.

Sage
Mac Elite
Jun 2, 2003, 07:51 PM

Originally posted by Angus_D:
I don't read these forums that regularly any more, I'm not too interested in GUI Customization. Anyway, apparently the md5sum of binaries in OS X is changed randomly by prebinding. This sucks. A lot. I would remove the check, but I'm not working on ThemeChanger any more.
So does that mean there will be no more updates/versions of ThemeChanger?

Angus_D
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 3, 2003, 12:49 PM

Originally posted by Sage:
So does that mean there will be no more updates/versions of ThemeChanger?
I don't know. I'm waiting to get some idea of where it's going in Panther, then I'll make some decisions based on that. At the moment, it doesn't look good.

CheesePuff
Professional Poster
Jun 3, 2003, 09:23 PM

I don't know. I'm waiting to get some idea of where it's going in Panther, then I'll make some decisions based on that. At the moment, it doesn't look good.
oh well, it sucked anyway.

Sage
Mac Elite
Jun 3, 2003, 09:37 PM

Too bad. While some people apparently don't want to give developers a break and resort to some mean-spirited posts, I (as well as many other people) have found this to be the most reliable theme switcher out there (plus it's free!), and I thank you for that.

mrtew
Professional Poster
Jun 3, 2003, 10:04 PM

Originally posted by CheesePuff:

What the hell do you mean by that? Themechanger is the best theme switcher so far, and you slam it like that? Why don't you go slap your mom if you want to be an ungrateful prick and leave the nice people on this board alone?

ambush
Banned
Jun 3, 2003, 10:07 PM

Your arguments perfectly support your thesis.

Originally posted by mrtew:
What the hell do you mean by that? Themechanger is the best theme switcher so far, and you slam it like that? Why don't you go slap your mom if you want to be an ungrateful prick and leave the nice people on this board alone?
Don't try to understand him. It's very tough.

CheesePuff
Professional Poster
Jun 3, 2003, 10:17 PM

I'm sorry that if my mother died almost a decade ago by a drunk driver... ass hole.

mrtew
Professional Poster
Jun 3, 2003, 10:44 PM

I'm sorry that if my mother died almost a decade ago by a drunk driver... ass hole.

"if"???

Angus_D
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 4, 2003, 03:34 AM

Themechanger is the best theme switcher so far
They all have their advantages.

Forum Links
Forum Rules