Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Keychain Access Problems - Help!

Keychain Access Problems - Help!
disposable
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 5, 2007, 11:21 PM

I had a problem where I had to reset my password through the Mac OS X installation disk. I reset my password and everything went fine. But now when I go to open applications that uses Keychain Access, I get a prompt to put in my password, so I do. When I do put in a password it says it's invalid and need to type it back in. Is it asking for the old password and if so, how can I reset it so that it accepts my new password?

Thanks in advance!

AKcrab
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 5, 2007, 11:39 PM

Use Keychain Access in the Utilities folder to reset your keychains. Often this means just starting "from scratch".

JKT
Professional Poster
Sep 6, 2007, 05:11 AM

Set the Keychain Access preferences so that when you repair the keychains, it will reset the password to be the same as your login password:

Then run Keychain First Aid and repair your keychains.

disposable  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 6, 2007, 06:34 PM

Wow thank you guys so much. I did the "Reset my keychain" and it works fine now! Thanks again!

GreenEyedLass
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 10, 2007, 09:47 AM

I lost my paper that wrote my username and password on. Ibought comp frm my daughter and she is the onely way i can accessCOMP .just my luck she wnt answere phone.is there any other way to go around user name and pssword. please tell me so my day can start on the right track.

Forum Links
Forum Rules