Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Police discrimination, misconduct, Ferguson, MO, the Roman Legion, and now math???

Police discrimination, misconduct, Ferguson, MO, the Roman Legion, and now math??? (Page 16)
OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 24, 2014, 05:44 PM

@subego

It's all going to come down to what evidence County Prosecutor McCulloch presented to the grand jury. Remember it's a totally one sided process. Which is why it was virtually unprecedented that he allowed Wilson to tell his story to the grand jury ... completely not subject to cross examination ... but STL County PD still refuses to release an official police report. He's pledged to release all the evidence but now we are hearing that the judge overseeing the case hasn't signed off on that. So if there's no indictment and the judge doesn't allow the evidence release to "preserve the sanctity of he secret grand jury process" or something to that effect ... then we will never know. Everything about the way this case has been handled so far is serving to cover for Wilson. Remember the "Josie" character who called into the local radio station with that cockamamie story about Brown "bum rushing" Wilson after he had already been shot, ran away in fear for his life, and then shot again? Let's set aside how these police narratives always rely upon fundamentally irrational behavior on the part of black people that unfortunately a significant segment of the white community (who make up the majority of the jury pool) seem inclined to believe. Let's set aside how media reports routinely seem to treat her third-hand narrative made as an anonymous call to radio talk show as if it were on the same level as actual eyewitness who have made public statements. Hence all the reports about "conflicting witness accounts". Sorry ... But Ms. "Josie" is NOT a witness. What I'm getting at is that "Josie" said she was a friend of Wilson's "significant other" who told her his story. And who is this "significant other"? The Ferguson PD officer he just married!!!

OAW

subego
Clinically Insane
Nov 24, 2014, 06:05 PM

Isn't the key going to be whether they read the statements of, and spoke to, the witnesses involved?

Is there any evidence McCullough has not allowed this to happen?

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 24, 2014, 10:25 PM

No charges against Wilson.
45/47

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 25, 2014, 12:46 AM

As I told everyone from jump street. The fix was in as soon as STL County Prosecutor Bob McCulloch took this to the grand jury. Even still I had a inkling of hope I wouldn't be right when I said that Wilson would never be indicted. Things are jumping off right now. Protests all over the city. Highways being shut down. And a few businesses being set ablaze.

Please pray for peace in my city.

OAW
( Last edited by OAW; Nov 25, 2014 at 12:57 AM. )

Snow-i
Professional Poster
Nov 25, 2014, 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by OAW View Post
As I told everyone from jump street. The fix was in as soon as STL County Prosecutor Bob McCulloch took this to the grand jury. Even still I had a inkling of hope I wouldn't be right when I said that Wilson would never be indicted. Things are jumping off right now. Protests all over the city. Highways being shut down. And a few businesses being set ablaze.

Please pray for peace in my city.

OAW
There was no fix, OAW. A felon reacted negatively to the police and paid the ultimate price for it.

You still ignore that the man robbed a store not 20 minutes prior to the altercation that cost him his life. There was no fix. There was no racism. It was simply a criminal confronting the police and getting shot for not wanting to go to jail. Sad, but the way it needs to be. Next time? Don't rob a ****ing store and you probably won't react to police presence in a way that gets you killed.

As much as you want it to be something else, it's just not. A grand Jury 25% black saw it the same way.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 25, 2014, 04:15 AM

I'd like to see how the GJ vote went, how many of the 12 voted to indict.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr

Powerbook
Mac Elite
Nov 25, 2014, 06:24 AM

So how is it going on the streets of Ferguson? A lot of negro gentle giants holding up sandwiches to protest peacefully against "da man"?
Aut Caesar aut nihil.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Nov 25, 2014, 07:46 AM

I feel like that's super racist but I'm not sure why.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Nov 25, 2014, 08:25 AM

I've highlighted the key word for you. And this is what the police always claim. Color me skeptical of police allegations that rely upon irrational behavior on the part of the black victim.

OAW
ALWAYS? I'm sure you believe that, without any proof either.
Stereotypes, false assumptions, overly emotional and violent.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 25, 2014, 09:48 AM

The Grand Jury took three months. The DA said the witnesses gave testimony that contridicted their own earliier statements, the testimony of other witnesses, and the physical evidence. No doubt the GJ knew this would happen and still chose not to return an indictment. No need to worry though, Eric Holder will file violation of civil rights charges.

One note: If it hasn't been mentioned already, all elected officials involved in the process are Democrats.
45/47

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Nov 25, 2014, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Snow-i View Post
There was no fix, OAW. A felon reacted negatively to the police and paid the ultimate price for it.
Interesting fact: You can be a felon and still have excessive force used against you.

I seem to recall earlier in the thread you agreed with my statement that there was enough evidence there for a trial.

It was simply a criminal confronting the police and getting shot for not wanting to go to jail. Sad, but the way it needs to be. Next time? Don't rob a ****ing store and you probably won't react to police presence in a way that gets you killed.
Resisting arrest is not an automatic death sentence, carried out on the streets.

A grand Jury 25% black saw it the same way.
That means nothing. A. You don't know the breakdown of the vote. B. If all the blacks on the GJ voted to indict, they'd only have 1/3 of the votes needed.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Nov 25, 2014, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Powerbook View Post
So how is it going on the streets of Ferguson? A lot of negro gentle giants holding up sandwiches to protest peacefully against "da man"?
Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
I feel like that's super racist but I'm not sure why.
Because gentle giants is used sarcastically. We all know that in reality any black man over 6' needs to feed off the blood of white men in power.

Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
The DA said the witnesses gave testimony that contridicted their own earliier statements, the testimony of other witnesses, and the physical evidence.
The DA is not a trustworthy source. I'll wait to see what the media turns up looking at the evidence.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Nov 25, 2014, 10:17 AM

One note: If it hasn't been mentioned already, all elected officials involved in the process are Democrats.
It's worth noting, but I'm not sure which side it's damning for.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Nov 25, 2014, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
I'll wait to see what the media turns up looking at the evidence.
With the investigating skills they have these days? LOL They can't accurately report on something they actually witnessed.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Nov 25, 2014, 01:33 PM

Brown sees him go for the gun. And he replies: "You're too much of a ****ing pussy to shoot me."
"You're too much of a ****ing pussy to shoot me" is the new "You're gonna die tonight"

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 25, 2014, 01:40 PM

Considering the powers given to police in MO; in apprehending and containing felons in public (they're some of the most "extreme" in the USA), legally allowing for what most would consider is a shocking amount of force, I'm not sure the GJ could have done anything to him (Wilson), even if they felt the officer was using excessive force. The people who are protesting need to look at their laws and see what needs to be changed, there IS a system for that.

Oh, and the looting and arson, those have nothing to do with the Brown shooting.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 25, 2014, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
Oh, and the looting and arson, those have nothing to do with the Brown shooting.
As much as the looting etc. that occurred after the Rodney King trail verdict.
45/47

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Nov 25, 2014, 01:58 PM

As much as the looting etc. that occurred after the Rodney King trail verdict.
Or the looting after the Lakers World Championship.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 25, 2014, 02:09 PM

Precisely.
45/47

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 25, 2014, 02:33 PM

"You're too much of a ****ing pussy to shoot me" is the new "You're gonna die tonight"
Exactly! This alleged 1970s Blaxploitation film dialogue is laughable on its face.

NEWSFLASH! There's not a black man in America who thinks a cop won't shoot him!

OAW

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 25, 2014, 02:34 PM

I'm looking over the grand jury documents to see how much it matches with Bob McCulloch's characterization of it. For now all I will say is that if there was "conflicting eyewitness testimony" then that's all the more reason to have a trial by jury to sort it all out. And not allow a potential defendant to tell his side of the story without being subject to cross-examination. I'll have more to say later ...

OAW

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Nov 25, 2014, 02:40 PM

Exactly! This alleged 1970s Blaxploitation film dialogue is laughable on its face.

NEWSFLASH! There's not a black man in America who thinks a cop won't shoot him!

OAW
Having given it thought, I can think of one plausible explanation. Assuming him and brown were in fisticuffs, I could see Brown saying "You pussy" when Wilson started to reach for his gun.

Also, reading WIlson's account, I can only think that Brown was on bath salts. And certainly, it'd have been easier for everyone involved afterwards if he had been...

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Nov 25, 2014, 03:44 PM

Most interesting thing I've read all day:
The medical investigator did not take photographs at the scene of Brown's killing because the camera battery had died, the grand jury heard.

The investigator, who goes to the crime scene to collect evidence for the pathologist, also did not take measurements of anything at the scene because they "didn't need to."

The investigator, whose name was redacted, said: "It was self-explanatory what happened. Somebody shot somebody. There was no question as to any distances or anything of that nature at the time I was there."
This is why people distrust the police.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Nov 25, 2014, 04:11 PM

And the riots are why whites distrust blacks.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Nov 25, 2014, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
Haha, oh man.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 25, 2014, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by OAW
I've highlighted the key word for you. And this is what the police always claim. Color me skeptical of police allegations that rely upon irrational behavior on the part of the black victim.
ALWAYS? I'm sure you believe that, without any proof either.
Stereotypes, false assumptions, overly emotional and violent.
This article sums up the prevailing view of those who think Wilson should have been indicted. I'm going to post it in its entirety just so it's crystal clear what I'm talking about ...

Originally Posted by Ezra Klein
We've finally heard from Officer Darren Wilson.

Wilson had been publicly silent since the events of August 9, when he shot and killed 18-year-old Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri. And, even as the grand jury announced its decision not to indict him, he remained silent. He had his attorneys release a statement on his behalf.

But on Monday night, St. Louis County prosecutor Robert McCulloch released the evidence given to the grand jury, including the interview police did with Wilson in the immediate aftermath of the shooting. And so we got to read, for the first time, Wilson's full, immediate account of his altercation with Brown.

And it is unbelievable.

I mean that in the literal sense of the term: "difficult or impossible to believe." But I want to be clear here. I'm not saying Wilson is lying. I'm not saying his testimony is false. I am saying that the events, as he describes them, are simply bizarre. His story is difficult to believe.

The story Wilson tells goes like this:

At about noon on August 9th, Wilson hears on the radio that there's a theft in progress at the Ferguson Market. The suspect is a black male in a black shirt.

Moments later, Wilson sees two young black men walking down the yellow stripe in the center of the street. He pulls over. "Hey guys, why don't you walk on the sidewalk?" They refuse. "We're almost at our destination," one of them replies. Wilson tries again. "But what's wrong with the sidewalk?" he asks.

And then things get weird.

Brown's response to "what's wrong with the sidewalk?", as recorded by Wilson, is "f*ck what you have to say." Remember, Wilson is a uniformed police officer, in a police car, and Brown is an 18-year-old kid who just committed a robbery. And when asked to use the sidewalk, Wilson says Brown replied, "f*ck what you have to say."

Wilson backs his car up and begins to open the door. "Hey, come here," he said to the kid who just cursed at him. He says Brown replied, "What the f*ck you gonna do?" And then Brown, in Wilson's telling, slams the car door closed. Wilson tries to open the door again, tells Brown to get back, and then Brown leans into the vehicle and begins punching him.

Let's take a breath and recap. Wilson sees two young black men walking in the middle of the street. He pulls over and politely asks them to use the sidewalk. They refuse. He asks again, still polite. Brown tells Wilson — again, a uniformed police officer in a police car — "f*ck what you have to say." Wilson stops his car, tries to get out, and Brown slams the car door on him and then begins punching him through the open window.

What happens next is the most unbelievable moment in the narrative. And so it's probably best that I just quote Wilson's account at length on it.

I was doing the, just scrambling, trying to get his arms out of my face and him from grabbing me and everything else. He turned to his...if he's at my vehicle, he turned to his left and handed the first subject. He said, "here, take these." He was holding a pack of — several packs of cigarillos which was just, what was stolen from the Market Store was several packs of cigarillos. He said, "here, hold these" and when he did that I grabbed his right arm trying just to control something at that point. Um, as I was holding it, and he came around, he came around with his arm extended, fist made, and went like that straight at my face with his...a full swing from his left hand.
So Brown is punching inside the car. Wilson is scrambling to deflect the blows, to protect his face, to regain control of the situation. And then Brown stops, turns to his left, says to his friend, "Here, hold these," and hands him the cigarillos stolen from Ferguson Market. Then he turns back to Wilson and, with his left hand now freed from holding the contraband goods, throws a haymaker at Wilson.

Every bullshit detector in me went off when I read that passage. Which doesn't mean that it didn't happen exactly the way Wilson describes. But it is, again, hard to imagine. Brown, an 18-year-old kid holding stolen goods, decides to attack a cop and, while attacking him, stops, hands his stolen goods to his friend, and then returns to the beatdown. It reads less like something a human would do and more like a moment meant to connect Brown to the robbery.

Wilson next recounts his thought process as he reached for a weapon. He considered using his mace, but at such close range, the mace might get in his eyes, too. He doesn't carry a taser with a fireable cartridge, but even if he did, "it probably wouldn't have hit [Brown] anywhere". Wilson couldn't reach his baton or his flashlight. So he went for his gun.

Brown sees him go for the gun. And he replies: "You're too much of a f*cking pussy to shoot me."

Again, stop for a moment and think about that. Brown is punching Wilson, sees the terrified cop reaching for his gun, and says "You're too much of a f*cking pussy to shoot me." He dares him to shoot.

And then Brown grabs Wilson's gun, twists it, and points it at Wilson's "pelvic area". Wilson regains control of the firearm and gets off a shot, shattering the glass. Brown backs up a half step and, realizing he's unharmed, dives back into the car to attack Wilson. Wilson fires again, and then Brown takes off running. (You can see the injuries Wilson sustained from the fight in these photographs.)

Wilson exits the car to give chase. He yells at Brown to get down on the ground. Here, I'm going to go back to Wilson's words:

When he stopped, he turned, looked at me, made like a grunting noise and had the most intense, aggressive face I've ever seen on a person. When he looked at me, he then did like the hop...you know, like people do to start running. And, he started running at me. During his first stride, he took his right hand put it under his shirt into his waistband. And I ordered him to stop and get on the ground again. He didn't. I fired multiple shots. After I fired the multiple shots, I paused a second, yelled at him to get on the ground again, he was still in the same state. Still charging, hand still in his waistband, hadn't slowed down.
The stuff about Brown putting his hand in his waistband is meant to suggest that Wilson had reason to believe Brown might pull a gun. But it's strange. We know Brown didn't have a gun. And that's an odd fact to obscure while charging a police officer.

Either way, at that point, Wilson shoots again, and kills Brown.

There are inconsistencies in Wilson's story. He estimates that Brown ran 20-30 feet away from the car and then charged another 10 feet back towards Wilson. But we know Brown died 150 feet away from the car.

There are also consistencies. St Louis prosecutor Robert McCulloch said that Brown's DNA was found inside Wilson's car, suggesting there was a physical altercation inside the vehicle. We know shots were fired from inside the car. We know Brown's bullet wounds show he was only hit from the front, never from the back.

But the larger question is, in a sense, simpler: Why?

Why did Michael Brown, an 18-year-old kid headed to college, refuse to move from the middle of the street to the sidewalk? Why would he curse out a police officer? Why would he attack a police officer? Why would he dare a police officer to shoot him? Why would he charge a police officer holding a gun? Why would he put his hand in his waistband while charging, even though he was unarmed?

None of this fits with what we know of Michael Brown. Brown wasn't a hardened felon. He didn't have a death wish. And while he might have been stoned, this isn't how stoned people act. The toxicology report did not indicate he was on PCP or something that would've led to suicidal aggression.

Which doesn't mean Wilson is a liar. Unbelievable things happen every day. The fact that his story raises more questions than it answers doesn't mean it isn't true.

But the point of a trial would have been to try to answer these questions. We would have either found out if everything we thought we knew about Brown was wrong, or if Wilson's story was flawed in important ways. But now we're not going to get that chance. We're just left with Wilson's unbelievable story.
Officer Darren Wilson's story is unbelievable. Literally. - Vox

This is essentially the same nonsense told in the Trayvon Martin case. But hey ... it worked for Zimmerman.

OAW
( Last edited by OAW; Nov 25, 2014 at 04:31 PM. )

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 25, 2014, 04:21 PM

Oh yeah. That all started because of riots.

OAW

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 25, 2014, 04:37 PM

subego
Clinically Insane
Nov 25, 2014, 04:41 PM

I'll wait to see what the media turns up looking at the evidence.
I wish people were more willing to do this.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Nov 25, 2014, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
I wish people were more willing to do this.
It's for purely selfish reasons – I want to limit the amount of egg on my face.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 25, 2014, 04:55 PM

Just so you guys know you can see the data dump of all the grand jury evidence here ...

The testimony the grand jury heard in the Michael Brown case : stltoday.com

Unfortunately, the PDF is not text based so you can't copy/paste excerpts here. So if I don't make any citations that is why.

OAW

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Nov 25, 2014, 05:00 PM

Just so you guys know you can see the data dump of all the grand jury evidence here ...

The testimony the grand jury heard in the Michael Brown case : stltoday.com

Unfortunately, the PDF is not text based so you can't copy/paste excerpts here. So if I don't make any citations that is why.

OAW
I'm aware but I figure it'll be like hunting for a needle in a haystack. Better left to experts. Also, I'm lazy.

subego
Clinically Insane
Nov 25, 2014, 05:09 PM

It's for purely selfish reasons – I want to limit the amount of egg on my face.
With me, I have this whole "seek objective truth" type dealie going on.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Nov 25, 2014, 05:16 PM

With me, I have this whole "seek objective truth" type dealie going on.
That's implied. But I don't think that's possible here. The objective facts so far haven't really clarified anything yet (Brown's autopsy). I'm curious what is left to be revealed.

I mean, have we even gotten a conclusive result for distance between shooter and victim?

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Nov 25, 2014, 05:19 PM

Spoke too soon.

Be damned if I can make heads or tails of the measurements.

subego
Clinically Insane
Nov 25, 2014, 05:20 PM

But I don't think that's possible here.
Hence my use of the qualifier "seek" rather than "find".

It's always possible to seek it.

pooka
Mac Elite
Nov 25, 2014, 05:21 PM

This article sums up the prevailing view of those who think Wilson should have been indicted. I'm going to post it in its entirety just so it's crystal clear what I'm talking about ...

Officer Darren Wilson's story is unbelievable. Literally. - Vox

This is essentially the same nonsense told in the Trayvon Martin case. But hey ... it worked for Zimmerman.

OAW
Man, it's almost like you were THERE inside their heads. Why weren't you in the courtroom to straighten all this out. I have a hard time believing that everyone involved is SO stupid when you've figured it all out from afar.

New, Improved and Legal in 50 States

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Nov 25, 2014, 05:25 PM

Hence my use of the qualifier "seek" rather than "find".

It's always possible to seek it.
Great, now I have grammar egg on my face.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 25, 2014, 05:27 PM

I'm aware but I figure it'll be like hunting for a needle in a haystack. Better left to experts. Also, I'm lazy.
Indeed it is .... voluminous. I lot of it is just the Assistant DA's yakking. Right now I'm looking the witness transcripts.

OAW

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 25, 2014, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by pooka View Post
Man, it's almost like you were THERE inside their heads. Why weren't you in the courtroom to straighten all this out. I have a hard time believing that everyone involved is SO stupid when you've figured it all out from afar.
So was there anything in the article that I cited that you take exception to? You know ... specifically? Because there really isn't much I can do with this comment right here. Just saying ...

OAW

pooka
Mac Elite
Nov 25, 2014, 05:34 PM

So was there anything in the article that I cited that you take exception to? You know ... specifically? Because there really isn't much I can do with this comment right here. Just saying ...

OAW
Honestly, I'm just ****ing with you. I take issues with absolutes. You have a habit of seeing various patterns/behavior and ascribing motives, timelines, truths, etc with ABSOLUTE certainty and conviction. For all I know, you *may* be right. You just seem to know. Just an observation. It's cute.

New, Improved and Legal in 50 States

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Nov 25, 2014, 05:38 PM

Alright, here's my initial interpretation, you guys tell me what mistakes I'm making.

SUV is around 200 ft. marker. Brown takes off from here and makes it approx. to the 25 ft marker where blood stains are on the ground. I'm going to assume these are the first shots that hit him.

After bleeding at 25 ft., his body comes to rest at the 50 ft. marker (approx.). Now here's where I get confused, and I think gun owners will clarify this for me – all the casings are past Brown's body towards the blood stains (50 - 36 ft.). Do casings eject far forward when firing? Where could Wilson have been firing from to leave casings there? Since I don't know forensics it actually looks like Wilson was behind him, which can't be the case.

Further, what was Brown doing between bleeding at the 25 ft. marker and dying at the 50? Again, it seems insane he would charge a police officer who had just hit him, but 25 ft. is not a trifling distance to cover.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 25, 2014, 05:47 PM

Holder announces Federal probe will continue.
45/47

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 25, 2014, 05:55 PM

Correction: Holder has two investigations ongoing. No need to worry, Wilson will go to trial.
45/47

Snow-i
Professional Poster
Nov 25, 2014, 07:08 PM

Interesting fact: You can be a felon and still have excessive force used against you.
I don't disagree. I also don't see any evidence that excessive force was used in this altercation.

The police's response to the protests? Absolutely excessive and absolutely in need of major reform.

I seem to recall earlier in the thread you agreed with my statement that there was enough evidence there for a trial.
And 2 grand juries disagreed when presented with the evidence.

Resisting arrest is not an automatic death sentence, carried out on the streets.
Of course its not, but its a still damn risky proposition that could absolutely end up with the death of the offender.

That means nothing. A. You don't know the breakdown of the vote. B. If all the blacks on the GJ voted to indict, they'd only have 1/3 of the votes needed.
I do know what the outcome of the vote is, and I have an issue with someone who disagrees with that outcome on the basis that it was fixed because "white people are racists".

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 25, 2014, 08:25 PM

Alright, here's my initial interpretation, you guys tell me what mistakes I'm making.

SUV is around 200 ft. marker. Brown takes off from here and makes it approx. to the 25 ft marker where blood stains are on the ground. I'm going to assume these are the first shots that hit him.

After bleeding at 25 ft., his body comes to rest at the 50 ft. marker (approx.). Now here's where I get confused, and I think gun owners will clarify this for me – all the casings are past Brown's body towards the blood stains (50 - 36 ft.). Do casings eject far forward when firing? Where could Wilson have been firing from to leave casings there? Since I don't know forensics it actually looks like Wilson was behind him, which can't be the case.

Further, what was Brown doing between bleeding at the 25 ft. marker and dying at the 50? Again, it seems insane he would charge a police officer who had just hit him, but 25 ft. is not a trifling distance to cover.
Not sure what you are reading Dakar ... but Mike Brown's body was approximately 150 feet from Wilson's SUV. McCulloch acknowledged that publicly in his press conference. Those distances are using a baseline of a nearby cross street.

OAW

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 25, 2014, 08:35 PM

Just read through 181 pages of Dorian Johnson's testimony. His testimony seems entirely consistent with what he's said from the very beginning. The main "discrepancy" his statement has with the physical evidence is that he says Wilson fired at Brown once from inside the vehicle ... striking him. And that's when Wilson let Brown go and they took off running. But there were two shell casings found in the vicinity of the SUV door. He says he doesn't recall a second shot while Wilson was in the car. But he grew up in a gang infested neighborhood and has been shot once before and shot at multiple times walking home from school so he was in "shock" when that happened. He does say when Wilson got out of the vehicle he took a second shot while Brown was running away and it looked like it may have "grazed" Brown because of the way is body jerked. It's unclear how far Wilson may have been from the SUV when he took that second shot.

Grand Jury Volume 04: Dorian Johnson

OAW

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 25, 2014, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by pooka View Post
Honestly, I'm just ****ing with you. I take issues with absolutes. You have a habit of seeing various patterns/behavior and ascribing motives, timelines, truths, etc with ABSOLUTE certainty and conviction. For all I know, you *may* be right. You just seem to know. Just an observation. It's cute.
The "absolute certainty" I have here is that there is more than enough probable cause to warrant a trial by jury.

OAW

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 25, 2014, 09:12 PM

On which charge?
45/47

subego
Clinically Insane
Nov 25, 2014, 09:13 PM

If you're facing 12 o'clock, they eject between about 1:30 and 3, however, they tend to bounce and roll.

Forum Links
Forum Rules