Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Making models for FPS games... please help!

Making models for FPS games... please help!
wANCO tHE sANE
Dedicated MacNNer
May 13, 2003, 11:11 PM

Well, it's time for a history project... me and my friends are planning to do an invasion of normandy reenactment. And we're planning to use a FPS, like DoD to do it. The problem is, how do we scan our faces so that we can modify it to put on a game model (we're planning to be the allies). I know that there's this special scanner thing... like this scanner that moves around your head. But we don't know where to find that. anyone here can help?

I put a V-TECH sticker on my iMac DV 400 and i'm burnin' Geo Metro's left and right.

dampeoples
Mac Elite
May 13, 2003, 11:25 PM

I'm not familiar with the equipment you are talking about, but Poser 5 (windows only right now) has a face mapping feature.
www.curiouslabs.com

wANCO tHE sANE  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 13, 2003, 11:34 PM

Thanks for the heads up, i'll ask around my friends if they have that. Well, the equipment would be nice, but there is this pc program, called milkbone 3d that can supposedly do the face mapping, but it's only for pc. i'm not really sure what the process is, although i'll definately get into it this weekend, but if any of you do have some info, it would be great help. Thanks again dampeoples

I put a V-TECH sticker on my iMac DV 400 and i'm burnin' Geo Metro's left and right.

dampeoples
Mac Elite
May 13, 2003, 11:39 PM

Do you mean Milkshake 3D? It's definately geared more towards game making, I had forgotten about that.
www.milkshape3d.com

wANCO tHE sANE  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 13, 2003, 11:48 PM

oh yeah, milkshape 3d! i stil don't know enough about the program. but i'll further look into it thurs with my friend's pc. thanks for your help!

dampeoples
Mac Elite
May 13, 2003, 11:51 PM

NP, got a buddy on IRC using it right now
Show us the results

wANCO tHE sANE  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 14, 2003, 12:21 AM

if we actually get it worked out and filmed and practiced, i'll show you all hahah

Forum Links
Forum Rules