Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Can't right click and getting a "finder.out" error msg

Can't right click and getting a "finder.out" error msg
Pao|o
Dedicated MacNNer
May 2, 2005, 02:37 AM

When I try to right click a .zip file I get a "finder.out" window w/ a msg that states "got a raw cfm pointer to mach-o routine". Then Finder crashes and restarts. I'm using a Quicksilver '02 w/ Tiger.

ehunt
Forum Regular
Aug 25, 2005, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Pao|o
When I try to right click a .zip file I get a "finder.out" window w/ a msg that states "got a raw cfm pointer to mach-o routine". Then Finder crashes and restarts. I'm using a Quicksilver '02 w/ Tiger.

From another forum:

First remove the plug-ins in ~/Library/Contextual Menu Items/ and /Library/Contextual Menu Items/ and reboot. If the problem is fixed report back.

Stuffit 9 problem apparently
( Last edited by ehunt; Aug 25, 2005 at 10:05 AM. )
: MB Pro 17" 2.16GHz Intel I MB Air 1.6GHz I iPhone 3G I iPod Nano & Shuffle I PB G4 867Mhz I AirPort Extreme 802.11n I Time Capsule
MISC : Lacie D2±RW Dual Layer I Canon Powershot A700 & HV10 I SONY PSP & PS3(60gig) I Western Digital 500GB

Forum Links
Forum Rules