Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Yankee woman is pissed off

Yankee woman is pissed off (Page 2)
paul w
Mac Elite
Jun 2, 2008, 08:01 PM

George Bush hates black people.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 2, 2008, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Luca Rescigno View Post
Most of those examples you gave involve "southern Democrats" anyway. Anything before the 30s can be thrown out since it was such a long time ago and politics have changed so much since then.

The September 14th, 1874 incident in Louisiana was not led by the Democratic party as you imply. It was a group of former Confederate racists calling themselves the "White League." And yes, they rioted against Republicans. Like I said, this was over 130 years ago and the party structure has changed significantly since then.

Chongo, your entire post is just a gigantic straw man. There isn't a single meaningful fact in there. Given the degree to which you've twisted up the language, I can't trust a damn word you say. And referring to things that happened so long ago certainly doesn't prove anything other than people were really racist in the 19th and early 20th centuries. A lot of people still are. But that has less to do with parties and more to do with uneducated people.
Like the ones who are voting for Hillary.

Liberals believe that minorities are incapable of getting ahead in life without their help. They created programs that are the modern equivalent of share cropping. Vote for us and we keep the money flowing your way.
45/47

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jun 2, 2008, 10:47 PM

Chongo: if there was a quota of dumb generalizations based purely on gut feeling, you would have used it up long ago.

paul w
Mac Elite
Jun 2, 2008, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
Liberals believe that minorities are incapable of getting ahead in life without their help. They created programs that are the modern equivalent of share cropping. Vote for us and we keep the money flowing your way.
Riiight, as someone who's actually "been there" I've seen how the money flows. We'll cut or underfund social services like health care and education (come check out our schools and hospitals, I dare you), but you can have all the crappy minimum wage service industry jobs you want and crappy nina loans to pay for stuff. And if the streets aren't safe well obviously it's your problem - so try not to get robbed or raped or shot (by a cop, because you're black and driving around) while you're at it.

Oh yeah, by the way, we're using "eminent domain" to tear down your buildings so we can build condos for rich people in need (wow who knew we'd get away with it? Taxpayer money for private development w00t!). Guess who's doing the contracting? Not you, that's for sure

So find another ghetto, take the subway because no cabs will pick you up.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jun 2, 2008, 11:11 PM

One stereotype, another stereotype.... two stereotypes.. ha ha ha!

</the Count from Sesame St.>

anybody want to place a bet where this discussion is headed?

TheWOAT
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 3, 2008, 12:26 AM

Nazi lesbian hookers abducted by space aliens and forced to go on Weight Watchers.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 3, 2008, 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by paul w View Post
Riiight, as someone who's actually "been there" I've seen how the money flows. We'll cut or underfund social services like health care and education (come check out our schools and hospitals, I dare you), but you can have all the crappy minimum wage service industry jobs you want and crappy nina loans to pay for stuff. And if the streets aren't safe well obviously it's your problem - so try not to get robbed or raped or shot (by a cop, because you're black and driving around) while you're at it.

Oh yeah, by the way, we're using "eminent domain" to tear down your buildings so we can build condos for rich people in need (wow who knew we'd get away with it? Taxpayer money for private development w00t!). Guess who's doing the contracting? Not you, that's for sure

So find another ghetto, take the subway because no cabs will pick you up.
Talk about stereotyping.
BTW, many states have closed the eminent domain "economic development" loophole after the USSC ruled on KELO.(a 5-4 decision, Stevens Kennedy, Souter, Ginsberg, and Breyer the majority)
45/47

Luca Rescigno
Professional Poster
Jun 3, 2008, 09:27 AM

Conservatives all think that Hitler was a good person. But that's okay because liberals all worship Stalin.

"That's Mama Luigi to you, Mario!" *wheeze*

Luca Rescigno
Professional Poster
Jun 3, 2008, 09:27 AM

Also, someone please lock this thread.

paul w
Mac Elite
Jun 3, 2008, 09:58 AM

Talk about stereotyping.
BTW, many states have closed the eminent domain "economic development" loophole after the USSC ruled on KELO.(a 5-4 decision, Stevens Kennedy, Souter, Ginsberg, and Breyer the majority)
That decision isn't iron clad, as developers basically throw in "public" facilities like an arena and some "affordable housing" ( a tiny percentage) to get around it.

But yeah, that's another debate for another time.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 3, 2008, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Luca Rescigno View Post
Conservatives all think that Hitler was a good person. But that's okay because liberals all worship Stalin.
EHHH, liberals loved him until he attacked Mother Russia, then they wanted the US in the war yesterday. Until then they wanted the US to remain out of the war.

BTW, thanks for invoking Godwin's Law.
45/47

Luca Rescigno
Professional Poster
Jun 3, 2008, 01:48 PM

EHHH, liberals loved him until he attacked Mother Russia, then they wanted the US in the war yesterday. Until then they wanted the US to remain out of the war.

BTW, thanks for invoking Godwin's Law.
Just doing my part to make sure my posts match the overall quality and level of maturity in this thread.

By the way, are you mentally ill?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jun 3, 2008, 02:41 PM

Anybody for a game of hide and seek?

Luca Rescigno
Professional Poster
Jun 3, 2008, 02:47 PM

Everyone who makes sweeping generalizations is a prick.

Luca Rescigno
Professional Poster
Jun 3, 2008, 02:51 PM

TheWOAT
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 3, 2008, 03:28 PM

I hate generalizations... OH CRAP!

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 3, 2008, 05:53 PM

Gerrymandered districts help with that.
Dude. The Republicans have Gerrymandered like nobody's business for 8 years now. If you haven't caught up yet, it's because you're incompetent. You should see the map that the Republican-held statehouse drew of central Texas. Three districts come together in the exact center of relatively liberal Austin, and stretch for 500 miles, like fan blades, out into the Republican hill country & gulf coastal plain.

You've had your 8 years. Eight. That's a lotta years. Go ahead and blame everything that happened during those 8 years on the Clinton administration if you'd like, but truly, it's wilderness time for the flunkies who ran the Republican party into the ground. Pack your tent and enjoy the solitude.

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

Rumor
Jun 3, 2008, 05:55 PM

May 22, 1856: Two years after the Grand Old party's birth, U.S. Senator Charles Sumner (R., Mass.) rose to decry pro-slavery Democrats. Congressman Preston Brooks (D., S.C.) responded by grabbing a stick and beating Sumner unconscious in the Senate chamber. Disabled, Sumner could not resume his duties for three years.
If senate meetings were more like this now, they could charge admission or put it on pay-per-view.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Jun 3, 2008, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by TheWOAT View Post
I hate generalizations... OH CRAP!
I generally agree with that statement.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

TheWOAT
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 3, 2008, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Rumor View Post
If senate meetings were more like this now, they could charge admission or put it on pay-per-view.
Obama Slice vs. Hillary "Collosus" Clinton. Hillary would destroy Barry. Dont mess with the pant suits.

Luca Rescigno
Professional Poster
Jun 3, 2008, 09:35 PM

Hay wait, if Clinton supporters leave the Democratic party and vote for McCain because they're racist, doesn't that make the Republican party the party of racists?

Forum Links
Forum Rules