Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Anyone received their MacBook Pro yet?

Anyone received their MacBook Pro yet? (Page 25)
mintcake
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 31, 2006, 03:21 PM

Well, their tracking is not always up to date so it could be somewhere further along the line. It probably won't move over the weekend. But you should get it by the time they've quoted you (so Tuesday morning). Mine took five days, it arrived 45 minutes before the promised deadline (I paid for express delivery, "3-5 days").

voxxit
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 31, 2006, 03:29 PM

Well, I paid for overnight, and their promise date is April 4th, which is a Monday. I am hoping, really hoping it comes today. But, I doubt it. *sigh*

gperks
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 31, 2006, 03:56 PM

No whine on a Mac delivered yesterday. Lovely machine!

My project's Java build on a 1.25GHz AlBook went from 55 to 21 seconds. WOW!

voxxit
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 31, 2006, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by gperks
No whine on a Mac delivered yesterday. Lovely machine!

My project's Java build on a 1.25GHz AlBook went from 55 to 21 seconds. WOW!
*@#&$98&# I HATE YOU!!!!

lol, just kidding congrats on getting yours -_-

mintcake
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 31, 2006, 04:04 PM

Sorry mate, 4 April is a Tuesday.

voxxit
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 31, 2006, 04:05 PM

Nooo

voxxit
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 1, 2006, 09:01 AM

It looks like my MacBook Pro is finally in Fort Lauderdale! Now, whether or not I get it on Monday or Tuesday is yet to be seen. Since it's already here, I don't see why it wouldn't be put on a truck for delivery on Monday morning

Hope and pray!

mintcake
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 1, 2006, 09:35 AM

You want to check that's actually your computer and not just the shipping information (I know I know makes no sense but see my shipping info above).

casetheace
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 8, 2006, 03:23 PM

Hi all, I've been reading this thread all day, literally. I'm a complete MacNN newbie and gave in to peer-pressure on the 5th and ordered my first ever Mac Computer (MBP 1.83/1Gb RAM).

I had to sign up and post because the wait is driving me crazy! Expected delivery according to Apple is latest 14th, but TNT are saying 18th latest?!

Did anyone have their MacBook ship with TNT International to the UK? I don't know if it's still in Shanghai, but TNT's tracking site is awful compared to your screen shots of FedEx!

Someone please tell me about TNT, and then sedate me?!

dexterspsnjr
Apr 10, 2006, 10:00 AM

I'm using TnT in London. I've watched mine leave Shanghai through amsterdam to Northampton, Heathrow then SHIPPING ERROR - POSSIBLE DELAYS...

Its not the end of the world, I called their freephone number apparently it should have gone to Luton instead and will be one day late... Which is actually what the Applestore track said (TnT pormised a day earlier...) I'm going mad waiting for my 2.0 7200rpm HD....

teddy hbg
Apr 10, 2006, 11:14 AM

I ordered mine on the day 'Boot Camp' was released. It shipped Friday and is at my local facility in Toronto. I should have it tomorrow since it has not cleared customs as yet. The serial begins with W8614 (week 14 build).

DeathToPCs
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 10, 2006, 12:32 PM

I ordered mine on the 6th. Current status is that it left Shanghai for Toronto this morning. How do you tell your Macbook serial number from your order status/shipping info?

Also, has anyone considered the Brenthaven Metro bag. I ordered one without being able to find a review but the quality of brenthaven bags is usually quite good.

Thanks.

DeathToPCs
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 11, 2006, 06:05 AM

Those of you confused by Fedex's nonsensical tracking system, may I recommend http://isnoop.net/tracking. It uses the fedex api to only track the package (and not paperwork that may preceed your actual shipment) and it is updated slighty faster than the Fedex tracker.

Best of luck (my package has left Memphis for what I am assuming is Toronto).

mintcake
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 11, 2006, 03:42 PM

Nice one rajab, wish I'd had that a couple of weeks ago!

Forum Links
Forum Rules