Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Powerbook Contents

Powerbook Contents
sweet1
Dec 24, 2003, 12:36 AM

I just unwrapped my new 12" Powerbook and found only one CD which was CD Restore in the box. Got an iBook last year for my daughter and it had OS 10.2, 9.2, Restore, and several other CDs. Is this how Apple is currently packaging or should I call them?

cobra27
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 24, 2003, 01:08 AM

Originally posted by sweet1:
I just unwrapped my new 12" Powerbook and found only one CD which was CD Restore in the box. Got an iBook last year for my daughter and it had OS 10.2, 9.2, Restore, and several other CDs. Is this how Apple is currently packaging or should I call them?
I think the CD is the only one. I bought mine early this month and it came with just 1 CD as well.

BTW, the "CD" is actually a DVD, so it might contain several CDs....I am not sure about that though.
1GHz PB 12" / 768MB / 60GB / OS X 10.3.9

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Dec 24, 2003, 01:18 AM

Yes, it should be a DVD restore disk. Much nicer than having to deal with 7-8-9 CD-ROM restore disks I think.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

sweet1  (op)
Dec 24, 2003, 02:42 AM

You're right... it is a DVD. Tired, fine print, should wait until Christmas Day when I have the time to read everything carefully. Thanks

Forum Links
Forum Rules