Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Mac Mini ship dates: UK

Mac Mini ship dates: UK
jamesl
Forum Regular
Jan 28, 2005, 08:50 AM

Hi

Has anybody in the united kingdom had their Mac Mini shipped yet? I have checked on the apple website, and it says that mine will be shipped on or before the 28th January.

How soon is it likely that my order status will change, and what information will be displayed when it does?

Has there been a delay in shipping Uk mac minis?

Thanks, James

active
Jan 28, 2005, 09:32 AM

Originally posted by jamesl:

Has there been a delay in shipping Uk mac minis?
Funny you should post, as I was going to ask the very same thing!

I ordered *15* minutes after the keynote with a shipping date of 28th of Jan (today, essentially). However, the order is still 'open'. Spoke with Apple and, to be honest, they had no clue. They couldn't tell me any more information.

I mentioned the fact that some guys in the US had received their Mac mini's over a week ago and, considering I ordered only minutes after the keynote ended, mine should be shipping, at the very least. They had no answer to that and simply referred me back to the original shipping estimate :-/

Chris.

jamesl  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 28, 2005, 11:01 AM

Grrrrrr!Im so desperate to get mine!!! I wonder if the shipping date will change either later today or maybe tommorow?

petemc
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 28, 2005, 11:10 AM

Mine too is shipping on or before 28th Jan. I ordered it on the Wednesday after the keynote speech. It's still listed as "open".

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 28, 2005, 11:22 AM

Originally posted by active:
I mentioned the fact that some guys in the US had received their Mac mini's over a week ago and, considering I ordered only minutes after the keynote ended, mine should be shipping, at the very least. They had no answer to that and simply referred me back to the original shipping estimate :-/
It's the british VAT.

It's a BTO option that is especially complicated to apply

-t

active
Jan 28, 2005, 12:37 PM

Grrrrrr!Im so desperate to get mine!!! I wonder if the shipping date will change either later today or maybe tommorow?
Dunno, but I wasn't to convinced about Apple, when I called them this morning. Normally they can give you a rough idea when it is likely to ship (as they ship from Holland, but are made in China - so they tell you if they've received your order from the manufacturer, before despatch) and they couldn't tell me a thing! Basically, they had no clue what the holdup was or whether they'd shipped from China.

So, don't get your hopes up that they'll ship this week.

Chris.

ichad
Jan 28, 2005, 02:00 PM

Hi,
my order is open too - est 28/1/05 1.2Ghz, SD, BT, APX.

The only update ive noticed is the price! The price cuts have been applied to my order with a �25 saving. Gotta love Apple.

iJed
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 28, 2005, 02:38 PM

Mine shipped last night at about 1900. Its a 1.42GHz with 512M. I ordered just after the keynote.

banky
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 28, 2005, 02:49 PM

I ordered mine on the 11th and told it would shipped on the 28th, today. So was expecting it next week sometime.

Guess what, it turned up today!!!!!

Got a shipping email yesterday, checked tracking said it was in Holland, this morning checked, it said Holland, Belgium (I think) Darlington checked half an hour later it said Houghton Le Spring (about 15miles away) next thing I know, the phone rings and it's TNT asking if I'm in to receive my package!! Amazing service.

As you can imagine I am VERY happy right now

petemc
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 28, 2005, 02:50 PM

Originally posted by banky:
I ordered mine on the 11th and told it would shipped on the 28th, today. So was expecting it next week sometime.

Got a shipping email yesterday, checked tracking said it was in Holland, this morning checked, it said Holland, Belgium (I think) Darlington checked half an hour later it said Houghton Le Spring (about 15miles away) next thing I know, the phone rings and it's TNT asking if I'm in to receive my package!! Amazing service.

OMG You lucky

iJed
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 28, 2005, 03:31 PM

Originally posted by banky:

Well mine is just reported to be in Eindhoven (as of 30 mins ago) so I'll probably have to wait until Monday Fortunately I booked Monday and Tuesday off work just to receive this

petemc
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 28, 2005, 03:42 PM

I just got an email saying it shipped. Can't find my tracking info tho.

jamesl  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 28, 2005, 05:29 PM

Mine is still showing up as open Thanks for keeping me up to date anyway!

IS it possible that it will change over the weekend?

Does anybody have an idea as to how soon the goods should arrive once the stauts finally changes?

Could the fact that I have ordered iWork be a delay?

lbodnar
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 28, 2005, 07:09 PM

It looks like 1.25GHz models having shipping problems. Most of the early shipments seems to be 1.42GHz.

I called Apple today and the were surprised I did not get shipment delay email!

They also have not called back as promised.

ichad
Jan 28, 2005, 07:52 PM

Originally posted by lbodnar:
It looks like 1.25GHz models having shipping problems. Most of the early shipments seems to be 1.42GHz.
You could be right, maybe we should have all paid the �30incVAT more and got the 1.4GHz!! Hopefully not long now.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 28, 2005, 08:40 PM

Originally posted by ichad:
You could be right, maybe we should have all paid the �30incVAT more and got the 1.4GHz!! Hopefully not long now.

The Apple Mac mini prices in the UK are �339 and �399, that's a �60 difference.
Where did you get the �30 from ?

-t

banky
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 28, 2005, 10:20 PM

Mine was a 1.25ghz model, just think it's luck of the draw.

from what I've seen on other forums, I seem to be the first UK delivery.

YAY first at something

sivart
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 29, 2005, 04:24 AM

Originally posted by turtle777:

The Apple Mac mini prices in the UK are �339 and �399, that's a �60 difference.
Where did you get the �30 from ?

-t
yeah �30 for the cpu upgrade and �30 for the harddrive upgrade. 40 to 80GB remember??

lbodnar
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 29, 2005, 05:17 AM

Phoned Apple again, they said they do not ship during the weekend. So you can stop going back to that order status page that still says it is going to be shipped by yesterday.

The time on the web store status page is 12 minutes too fast. Boy, is it still high tech XXI century outside?!

active
Jan 29, 2005, 05:58 AM

Just a short note to say that mine shipped - hadn't shipped late last night, but checked this morning and it has shipped. Tracking doesn't work though, so I guess it hasn't even been picked up by TNT!

So, should be here by Tuesday. Mine's the 1.4Ghz model, ordered with iWork.

Chris.

jamesl  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 29, 2005, 06:38 AM

Mine still says that its open, and I havent been told its shipping :-(

Is it llikely that this will all change on Monday? Or should I give apple a call?

lbodnar
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 29, 2005, 09:03 AM

Or should I give apple a call?
Why not? 0800 0391010 then option 2 then 2 again then your web order number without "W" if you ordered online. Let us know!

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 29, 2005, 11:36 AM

Originally posted by sivart:
yeah �30 for the cpu upgrade and �30 for the harddrive upgrade. 40 to 80GB remember??
That's a weird first post

Now that I pay attention to it, seems like I'm the only one in this thread who is not a complete n00b...

Besides active, who is registered since Apr 2000 and has wooping 28 posts.

-t

petemc
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 29, 2005, 01:51 PM

Originally posted by petemc:
I just got an email saying it shipped. Can't find my tracking info tho.
Oddly enough. If I login via the site and review my orders it just says that my Mini has shipped. If I use the link in the email it gives me tracking info. Thats a bit annoying.

active
Jan 29, 2005, 04:03 PM

Now that I pay attention to it, seems like I'm the only one in this thread who is not a complete n00b...

-t
'Addicted to MacNN' <- that states, along with your slightly concerning number of posts, that some people might actually regard you as a 'n00b' as you call it.

Regards! Chris.

jamesl  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 29, 2005, 04:24 PM

Hi, when i call that number, then enter thw number two, then again, it says they are currently closes and to try duirng opening hours.

Am I doing something wrong?

lbodnar
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 29, 2005, 06:17 PM

...it says they are currently closes and to try duirng opening hours.
They close at 5pm on Saturdays. Open Monday 8am. Here is useful link...

http://promo.euro.apple.com/promo/he..._UK_Links.html

sivart
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 29, 2005, 06:22 PM

-t
wow, umm should i take that as a compliment?! well im gonna anyway! i've been lookin at this forum for a while now, since i ordered my mini. well mine was meant to ship yesterday (28/01) but nope, it hasnt. its a 1.25/256/40/AE

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 29, 2005, 10:25 PM

'Addicted to MacNN' <- that states, along with your slightly concerning number of posts, that some people might actually regard you as a 'n00b' as you call it.

Regards! Chris.
If only I knew what YOUR definition or understanding of a n00b was...

-t

mikerally
Senior User
Jan 30, 2005, 08:45 AM

No one mentioned if the Mac mini is in stock at the Apple Store London Regent Street.

A friend of mine told me they just got them in stock this weekend, and there was a queue of 300 people to buy it.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 30, 2005, 03:32 PM

Originally posted by mikerally:
No one mentioned if the Mac mini is in stock at the Apple Store London Regent Street.

A friend of mine told me they just got them in stock this weekend, and there was a queue of 300 people to buy it.
So in essence, as soon as they get in, they are being sold. Doesn't really qualify as "in stock" for me.

Btw, same here at CompUSA. Big signs "in stock", but you have to prepay and then you're put on a waitlist to get one of the next "in stock" models once they come in...

-t

Hanul
Forum Regular
Jan 30, 2005, 04:46 PM

Boohoo, got an e-mail from Apple, that my BTO mini (1.42/512MB/SD/AE/BT) has been delayed. It should have shipped on 28/01, but new shipping day is Feb 4th now.

Aaargh, one more week to wait. And I already sold my PC to go Mac-only...

mikerally
Senior User
Jan 30, 2005, 07:17 PM

So in essence, as soon as they get in, they are being sold. Doesn't really qualify as "in stock" for me.
Well I never said that they sold out (infact I don't even know, I don't have time to go down to the store at the moment or phone up to check).

Remember this is a flagship store we're talking about, they got the iPods shuffles 3 days after Macworld San Fransisco - and it didn't look like they sold out of those (I went to the store 5 days after to get something else and bought one on the off chance).

I would assume they have a similar stock priority to say the NY Soho store for instance (the London store gets a hell of a LOT of foot traffic).

lbodnar
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 31, 2005, 04:39 AM

Last two days I have been trying to get any tracking information from TNT and Apple websites to no avail. Called TNT this morning and after providing them 801... number they said it's not in their system.

What is going on?

active
Jan 31, 2005, 07:17 AM

Last two days I have been trying to get any tracking information from TNT and Apple websites to no avail. Called TNT this morning and after providing them 801... number they said it's not in their system.

What is going on?
It's simple, TNT do not update tracking details over a weekend, so you'll have to wait until today until it is updated.

It's the same as me - I got notification late Friday evening that my Mac mini shipped, although as it was the end of the week, TNT haven't even picked up the parcel!

I'm now expecting mine Wednesday due to the shipping time from Holland to the UK.

Chris.

ichad
Jan 31, 2005, 01:56 PM

I've just had shipping notification on my Mini.
1.2Ghz, SD, BT, APX, 80GB, 256.

Is there a TNT link anywhere? I have a 80number, but, Apple's tracking system is either down or not working.

jamesl  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 31, 2005, 02:11 PM

Hi, Ive still heard nothiong from apple, and their website for tracking seems to have gone down :-(

When is this likely to be resolved? SHould I hear from them tommorow?

Thanks, james

iJed
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 31, 2005, 02:32 PM

Got my Mac mini this at 1330 this afternoon. I'm impressed with performance and feel that its quite an upgrade from my G4 450. I have to say that the machine feels like a quality piece of hardware. Everything from the VGA connector to the actual computer feel well designed and engineered.

lbodnar
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 31, 2005, 04:50 PM

I am quite disappointed with Apple online store. The information, accuracy and feedback (returned my Friday call on Monday!) Next time I'll be buying from their distributors. Let them have the extra cash.

I am so disappointed in fact that the very first day I have the mini I will mercilessly overclock the crap out of it. You know me.

active
Jan 31, 2005, 05:45 PM

When is this likely to be resolved? SHould I hear from them tommorow?
James, how are we going to know? You should phone them, not ask us!

Chris.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 31, 2005, 06:03 PM

I am so disappointed in fact that the very first day I have the mini I will mercilessly overclock the crap out of it. You know me.

Rrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiggggghhhhht.

-t

jamesl  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 1, 2005, 09:52 AM

Ive phoned apple today, and they say it should be shipping todayt, but i have gone onto the order status, and it still says open!

Arrrrgh, what a pain in the ass!

active
Feb 1, 2005, 09:59 AM

Ive phoned apple today, and they say it should be shipping todayt, but i have gone onto the order status, and it still says open!

Arrrrgh, what a pain in the ass!
Today = end of today/tonight. They update that page when the goods are physically ready to be picked up by TNT, normally at the end of the day.

I'm amazed with TNT. My Mac mini was picked up at Eindhoven, last night, was at Cardiff Airport at 6am this morning, Bristol depot for 9.30am, but out for delivery - received it 11am this morning!

BTW, I'm surprised that this thread hasn't been locked!

Chris.

petemc
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 1, 2005, 10:41 AM

Today = end of today/tonight. They update that page when the goods are physically ready to be picked up by TNT, normally at the end of the day.

I'm amazed with TNT. My Mac mini was picked up at Eindhoven, last night, was at Cardiff Airport at 6am this morning, Bristol depot for 9.30am, but out for delivery - received it 11am this morning!

BTW, I'm surprised that this thread hasn't been locked!

Chris.
Same for me. Picked up at 4:11pm last night. Arrived at around 11am this morning. Rather impressive.

ichad
Feb 1, 2005, 12:20 PM

Mee too, same as Chris and Pete, off the boat yesterday and recieved at 11am from TNT. Great service. Good luck to the others waiting for delivery.

...Is this thread still open!?? I'm off to setup the mini anyway - over and out.

lbodnar
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 1, 2005, 05:33 PM

I am quite disappointed with Apple online store. The information, accuracy and feedback (returned my Friday call on Monday!) Next time I'll be buying from their distributors. Let them have the extra cash.

Well, I keep my word so far. I write this from 1.42GHz mini that was only 1.25 just an hour ago.

Got it just today but TNT rocks! It was in Holland last night.

I'll try to go higher than 1.42GHz. Wish me luck!

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Feb 1, 2005, 05:40 PM

Well, I keep my word so far. I write this from 1.42GHz mini that was only 1.25 just an hour ago.

Got it just today but TNT rocks! It was in Holland last night.
I'll try to go higher than 1.42GHz. Wish me luck!
Care to share your secret ? Technical details ?

No ? Thought so...

-t

lbodnar
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 1, 2005, 05:42 PM

Care to share your secret ? Technical details ?
Give me just a little time! I haven't even finished yet!
I don't hide nothing. See http://www.lbodnar.dsl.pipex.com/eMac/eMac-upgrade.html

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Feb 1, 2005, 05:58 PM

Give me just a little time! I haven't even finished yet!
I don't hide nothing. See http://www.lbodnar.dsl.pipex.com/eMac/eMac-upgrade.html
Sure. No prob.

If you really manage to safely overclock the mini, that would be awesome. Some people doubt that it will be possible due to heat problems.

-t

jamesl  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 1, 2005, 06:04 PM

Ive just checked my status again, and it says that it shipping, but when i use the tracking number, it says the service is unavailable, and if i enter the number into TNT it says cannot find the consignment.

Will it probably be tommorow now before I am able to track the parcels?

Forum Links
Forum Rules