Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > How do you select the map image on Google maps?

How do you select the map image on Google maps?
gbhgbh
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 30, 2006, 11:13 PM

After entering an address on the maps.google.com web site, I'd like to select the map so that I can copy it to a file. However, if I try to click and drag it to a folder, it just slides the map around in the window. If I try to Ctrl-click, nothing happens. And if I try Services => Grab, the Selection option is grayed out. I've tried this with Safari, Firefox, and OmniWeb with no luck with any of them. How can I select the image of the map?

X-Ti
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 30, 2006, 11:17 PM

Command-Control-Shift 3 or 4 and take a picture of it...

gbhgbh  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 30, 2006, 11:35 PM

I had to practice the Vulcan Mind Grip to get those keys. However, I get the cross-hairs and highlight the map, but how do I take the picture? The highlight just goes away when I release the mouse.

CharlesS
Posting Junkie
Jul 30, 2006, 11:42 PM

If you use Command-Shift-3 or Command-Shift-4, you get a picture file on the Desktop containing your screenshot.

If you use Command-Ctrl-Shift-3 or Command-Ctrl-Shift-4, the screenshot goes on the clipboard, and all you have to do is paste it somewhere.

Ticking sound coming from a .pkg package? Don't let the .bom go off! Inspect it first with Pacifist. Macworld - five mice!

gbhgbh  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 31, 2006, 05:50 AM

Got it.
Thanks very much.

Forum Links
Forum Rules