Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > Windows Media Video: Slow motion - rewind question

Windows Media Video: Slow motion - rewind question
gbhgbh
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 9, 2005, 12:44 AM

I have a Windows Media Video file that I'd like to watch in slow motion. In addition, I'd like to be able to rewind it in about 10 second increments in order to study a segment over and over again. I tried playing it in VLC, but I got only the sound and no picture. Is there another app or a way to view this in VLC? Also, if I'm able to view this in VLC, how can I run it in slow motion?

badidea
Professional Poster
Jul 11, 2005, 04:19 AM

The only good way in doing what you want, would be QuicktimePro & Flip4Mac WMV codec!

If VLC does not show a picture, then it just doesn't work with this WMV movie (and MPlayerOSX will probably also not work)!
WindowsMediaPlayer will work but it doesn't allow slow motion and is huge crap anyway!

Forum Links
Forum Rules