Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Cool things with iPod

Cool things with iPod
mrurmil
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 25, 2005, 03:13 PM

Hi all,

I just bought a 3G 15GB iPod (yeah it's old but i was never planning on buying one in the first place, and I got it cheap.) Hopefully it will be a good acessory to along with my PowerBook. Anyways, I was wondering if someone could refer me to a good site that provides information on things you can do to/with your iPod other than just listening to music. I've heard of people installing Linux and such other things on their iPod.
MacBook Pro 2.4GHz C2D
320GB HDD
4GB RAM
256MB VRAM

littlegreenspud
Senior User
Jun 26, 2005, 06:37 AM

Here you go...

http://www.ipodlinux.org/Main_Page

I have a 3G pod and installing Linux was worth it for the recording alone! There are other apps and games there. It is amazing what an iPod can do when "freed" of the Apple limitations.

siflippant
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 28, 2005, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by mrurmil
Hi all,

I just bought a 3G 15GB iPod (yeah it's old but i was never planning on buying one in the first place, and I got it cheap.) Hopefully it will be a good acessory to along with my PowerBook. Anyways, I was wondering if someone could refer me to a good site that provides information on things you can do to/with your iPod other than just listening to music. I've heard of people installing Linux and such other things on their iPod.
Hey, don't knock it... I prefer the 3G's over the 4G's anyday... (each to their own I guess) - but I recently got a good price myself on a 3G iPod, 20gb version, to replace my existing 15gb (which I'm giving to my folks) - enjoy your iPod!

Forum Links
Forum Rules