Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > What's your daily driver?

What's your daily driver? (Page 2)
sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 9, 2001, 02:06 PM

Though my pickup is fine I've decided to save up and get another sweet Vee-Dub.

Though it will most likely end up being a Jetta or GTi (5-speed of course).

This is really what I want.

For all you who have no idea what this car is........1994 VW Corrado SLC.

I'm salivating just thinking about it

groverat
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 9, 2001, 04:05 PM

(and I don't care what you think - you can't type your name without using the shift key)
*falls over laughing*

BRAVO!

Little gems like that make wasting my life on the internet worthwhile!
Long live the AppleInsider forums!

itomato
Mac Elite
Oct 9, 2001, 05:28 PM

1988 Dodge Aries. Baby blue, with baby blue velour interior, including the bench seat. (half tempted to put in 3 series BMW seats, but...)

My grandmother wrecked it before I got it, so i had to go pull a fender. It's silver, but it looks OK with the baby blue.

Something happened to the driver's front and passenger rear hubcaps, so I bought 2 of those nice ultra-shiny ultra-phony spoke wheelcovers at K-Mart. Oh, the snazz..
-- | T () /\/\ /.\ T () --

knifecarrier  (op)
Banned
Oct 9, 2001, 05:29 PM

HELL YEAH SEK. That car is AWESOME. Only bad thing is they're getting a tad dated. But they still rule... and they're coming down in price. Whatever you do, don't get a G60 version. They blow ass.

- Ca$h

knifecarrier  (op)
Banned
Oct 9, 2001, 05:32 PM

Originally posted by christ:
<STRONG>

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

(and I don't care what you think - you can't type your name without using the shift key)</STRONG>
I'd rather have to use the shift key to type my name than to have a handle that represents thousands of years of anti-science and mystical make believe knowledge... Christianity sucks wang.

- Ca$h

RAzaRazor
Mac Elite
Oct 9, 2001, 06:31 PM

The fact that his name is Chris and his last name starts with the letter T has somehow managed to escape your normally rapt attention, hasn't it Ca$h??

Anyway, since it's now getting cold, and starting to snow my daily driver is once again the POS '93 Camry. I was driving the CL430 all summer though. That car is too sweet to let some soccer mom plow into because she can't handle her SUV on a slick road... (Which happend to the Camry about this time last year.)

sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 9, 2001, 07:37 PM

Originally posted by knifecarrier:
<STRONG>HELL YEAH SEK. That car is AWESOME. Only bad thing is they're getting a tad dated. But they still rule... and they're coming down in price. Whatever you do, don't get a G60 version. They blow ass.

- Ca$h</STRONG>
Well compared to a SLC yes, but compared to a GTi or Jetta they are still damn good.

I found a used 1994 SLC for 16 grand......hrm, better keep looking.

Besides once I make my millions, get an SLC, and tweak the **** out of it......I'll take your Neon on a roadcourse

knifecarrier  (op)
Banned
Oct 9, 2001, 09:04 PM

Originally posted by RAzaRazor:
<STRONG>The fact that his name is Chris and his last name starts with the letter T has somehow managed to escape your normally rapt attention, hasn't it Ca$h??

</STRONG>
Nope, but the even if that WAS my name, I sure as hell wouldn't shorten it to 'christ'. What a dumbass!!!!! (not you, whoever named themselves christ)

- Ca$h

christ
Professional Poster
Oct 10, 2001, 04:58 AM

<STRONG>

Nope, but the even if that WAS my name, I sure as hell wouldn't shorten it to 'christ'. What a dumbass!!!!! (not you, whoever named themselves christ)

- Ca$h</STRONG>

That'll be me.

I prefer my line in insults to yours, but if 'dumbass' is the best that you can do, I'll respect your education.
Chris. T.

"... in 6 months if WMD are found, I hope all clear-thinking people who opposed the war will say "You're right, we were wrong -- good job". Similarly, if after 6 months no WMD are found, people who supported the war should say the same thing -- and move to impeach Mr. Bush." - moki, 04/16/03

knifecarrier  (op)
Banned
Oct 10, 2001, 12:08 PM

Well, from what I've seen, the only people who use big words to show off intellect are usually lacking it. I like using my plain simple 'layman's terms' just fine, and it really has no bearing on my education or intelligence.

- Ca$h

PS: What a f*cking tool.

maxelson
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 10, 2001, 12:42 PM

HeheeeeeHAHAHAHAHA!!! hee heeHAHAHA...
*falls off stool laughing, puking, sputtering*

I'm going to pull your head off because I don't like your head.

christ
Professional Poster
Oct 11, 2001, 02:55 PM

<STRONG>Well, from what I've seen, the only people who use big words to show off intellect are usually lacking it. I like using my plain simple 'layman's terms' just fine, and it really has no bearing on my education or intelligence.

- Ca$h

PS: What a f*cking tool.</STRONG>
Eloquence incarnate.
Chris. T.

"... in 6 months if WMD are found, I hope all clear-thinking people who opposed the war will say "You're right, we were wrong -- good job". Similarly, if after 6 months no WMD are found, people who supported the war should say the same thing -- and move to impeach Mr. Bush." - moki, 04/16/03

Trixalia
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 11, 2001, 03:30 PM

I drive a '97 Sunfire...just a few more payments left to go!

maxelson
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 11, 2001, 04:01 PM

Originally posted by Trixalia:
<STRONG>I drive a '97 Sunfire...just a few more payments left to go! </STRONG>
NO! Trixalia! Don't! Run! Run Like the Wind! Please! Stay away from the Cash threads (identifiable this week by his username of "knifecarrier"... until they ban him again)! NOTHING you do or say will be safe. You will be subject to the ugliness of internet abuse and... and...well, actually, it is pretty amusing... some of the most profoundly absurd posts... just remember to take them with a few boxes of Mortons.
Now, listen, we know you're new, here. You seem nice. Just be careful. Cash is ok from a distance. Just don't touch it . It's E.V.I.L. Moronic, but evil.

I'm going to pull your head off because I don't like your head.

knifecarrier  (op)
Banned
Oct 12, 2001, 12:08 PM

&gt;shrug&lt; Sunfires... meh. I wouldnt pay a lot for one, but its better than a v6 camaro or something dumb like that. I guess. Well. I don't like sunfires at all, they look like a cavalier thats been dragged through a JC Whitney catalog... but thats just my personal preference.

- Ca$h

PS: Is your sunfire an auto or stick? I drove an auto once. OH MY GOD your shifter is huge. Its like this gigantic phallic symbol, I laughed my ass off when I saw it and felt violated when I had to touch it. BLECH. Hehe.

Trixalia
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 12, 2001, 04:29 PM

Originally posted by maxelson:
<STRONG>

NO! Trixalia! Don't! Run! Run Like the Wind! Please! Stay away from the Cash threads (identifiable this week by his username of "knifecarrier"... until they ban him again)! NOTHING you do or say will be safe. You will be subject to the ugliness of internet abuse and... and...well, actually, it is pretty amusing... some of the most profoundly absurd posts... just remember to take them with a few boxes of Mortons.
Now, listen, we know you're new, here. You seem nice. Just be careful. Cash is ok from a distance. Just don't touch it . It's E.V.I.L. Moronic, but evil.</STRONG>
Thanks for the warning.

Trixalia
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 12, 2001, 04:37 PM

<STRONG>&gt;shrug&lt; Sunfires... meh. I wouldnt pay a lot for one, but its better than a v6 camaro or something dumb like that. I guess. Well. I don't like sunfires at all, they look like a cavalier thats been dragged through a JC Whitney catalog... but thats just my personal preference.

- Ca$h

PS: Is your sunfire an auto or stick? I drove an auto once. OH MY GOD your shifter is huge. Its like this gigantic phallic symbol, I laughed my ass off when I saw it and felt violated when I had to touch it. BLECH. Hehe. </STRONG>
Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'll agree that Sunfires aren't the most masculine of cars but I'm not a man and I love mine! It is an automatic and it's cool because at first glance most people think it's a stick. Oh, and the glovebox...you can fit two six-packs in there!

Sine
Mac Elite
Oct 12, 2001, 05:04 PM

Trixie has a buggy that her mexican kids push her around town in.

Forum Links
Forum Rules