Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Removing silent 2 seconds at end of MP3s

Removing silent 2 seconds at end of MP3s
TheoCryst
Mac Elite
Nov 27, 2006, 01:09 AM

So, my silly friend decided to make a copy of a CD for me using Windows Media Player on a PC by ripping the songs to WMA and then burning them to disk. Unfortunately for me, WMP has a terrible habit of adding two seconds of silence to the end of each song when it burns a CD. And of course, the album was meant to be gapless. So now I have my fancy new iTunes 7 with gapless support, and a gapless album with two-second gaps (which iTunes definitely does not skip over).

I guess my question is, is there any way for me to easily remove these pauses at the end of the songs? Any app suggestions?

Any ramblings are entirely my own, and do not represent those of my employers, coworkers, friends, or species

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Nov 27, 2006, 01:31 AM

You can set iTunes to end playback two seconds before the end of the song in the Get Info dialog, if I recall.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

TheoCryst  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 28, 2006, 07:09 PM

Hmm, I guess that'll do for now, though I'd still like a more permanent fix if anyone has one. Thanks though!

Any ramblings are entirely my own, and do not represent those of my employers, coworkers, friends, or species

mchladek
Mac Elite
Nov 28, 2006, 11:54 PM

Chuckit's suggestion is pretty permanent. You won't have to change anything again. If you'd like to alter the original file, however, there are free tools such as Audacity, which will allow you to cut out the two second silence at the end of the file.

Forum Links
Forum Rules