Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > ugh my eyes are killing me any suggestions

ugh my eyes are killing me any suggestions
macfantn
Mac Elite
Mar 29, 2006, 10:35 PM

I feel pressure in my eyes, never had this before... not super painful but a little uncomfortable. I bought some drops naphcon which haven't really helped. Any suggestions? I know I should go to an eye dr, but am so busy with work won't have time for a few weeks. It may be allergies causing this unsure.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 29, 2006, 10:45 PM

depending on where you are, it could be the weather. has the weather in your area been changing a lot lately? sunny one day dark and cold the next and so forth? i get what your having sometimes when the weather here changes drastically quickly. warm one day cold the next warm, than couple days of cold. another thing that im thinking of, if you wear glasses than check to see if your lenses are clean, and if at night (or the day) you get light streaks, than your eyes could be like "wtf? we dont like this, we must punish you" also, your eyesight could be changing as well and your adjusting. i do agree though, go see an eye doctor, and ask them if they think if you should get an mri as well if your symptoms keep up. mine did and i had an mri and it just made me so less nervous because they didnt find anything wrong with my brain, so it was my eyes that were the problem. whenever i do get the migranes though, all i do is take a couple of advil and nap if i can. hope everything works out well, and good luck

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Mar 29, 2006, 10:48 PM

Honestly, it might be best to see a doctor sooner, especially if conditions don't get better or worsen.
"You rise," he said, "like Aurora."

meelk
Baninated
Mar 29, 2006, 11:05 PM

allergies. get a scrip for allegra-D or zyrtec-D or Claritin.
for me allegra-D works best, but gives me cotton mouth, you may of course vary.
I take zyrtec-D at the moment.

iLikebeer
Mac Elite
Mar 29, 2006, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by macfantn
I feel pressure in my eyes, never had this before... not super painful but a little uncomfortable. I bought some drops naphcon which haven't really helped. Any suggestions? I know I should go to an eye dr, but am so busy with work won't have time for a few weeks. It may be allergies causing this unsure.
Could be a stye. Happened to me a few months ago when i got sick. I kept rubbing my eyes and one got irritated then the stye formed on it. Hurt like nothing before and I thought maybe I had pink eye. Went to doctor, they said if it didn't go away in a few days to come back and get antibiotics.

Point being, your eyes are everything to you. You lose your vision and you're screwed. Take your eyes and vision seriously and go to a doctor.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Mar 29, 2006, 11:07 PM

Go seek help right now. I remember the guitarist Piggy from the metal band Voivod had a similar pain, walked into the ER and they discovered it was something which could have killed him if he had waited a few weeks to check it out. I believe the 1989 album "Nothingface" was inspired by this experience.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

macfantn  (op)
Mac Elite
Mar 29, 2006, 11:24 PM

i won't be able to get to an eye dr til next week at the earliest, do you think a walk in clinic would be of help?

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 29, 2006, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by macfantn
i won't be able to get to an eye dr til next week at the earliest, do you think a walk in clinic would be of help?

no. for something like this, a doctor that specializes in the eye field is your best bet

macfantn  (op)
Mac Elite
Mar 29, 2006, 11:47 PM

i'm gonna call tomorrow morning and see if I can get a late appointment. I really want this to go away thanks for all the help everyone.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 30, 2006, 12:37 AM

did any of my suggestions on what could be causing your eye problems be a possibility?

Forum Links
Forum Rules