Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Beta testers wanted for new disk scanning app

Beta testers wanted for new disk scanning app
mildm8nnered
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 2, 2007, 02:56 PM

Beta testers wanted for a closed beta of Baseline - a new disk scanning utility.

Please contact [email protected] if you are interested in joining the closed beta.

The blurb below provides a basic description of the app and it's features ...

==============================

“Your Startup Disk is almost full”

Almost all long-time Mac users have seen these words at one time or another. There are several apps, such as WhatSize, OmniDiskSweeper, and Disk Inventory X, that will scan your disk, adding up the sizes of each directory, to help you work out what’s taking up your space.

Baseline is very similar to these applications, with a twist that makes it considerably more useful - When my disk is almost full, I don’t really care how much size stuff is taking up on the disk. What I want to know is, what is taking up the 60GB that was free last time I looked?

Baseline lets you store a baseline for a disk. Future scans can be compared against that baseline, so that you can easily see what’s changed.

Baseline will allow you to delete, compress, and archive items directly from within the application, making free’ing up space a snap.

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 2, 2007, 03:02 PM

Sounds like an interesting idea.
I sent you an email.

Forum Links
Forum Rules