Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > finder task bar disappeared

finder task bar disappeared
drewcifer
Forum Regular
Mar 22, 2007, 12:25 PM

Hey,
I have a macbook pro version 1 and i just used software udpate to get the newest version of os x. Now the taskbar for the finder has disappeared. the taskbar looks normal for other apps. help?

oh, also, im using desk shade and i thought that might have something to do with it but when i close the program it doesnt change anything.
Macbook Pro 15" (fully spec'd out)

...waiting for 6g ipods.

Nai no Kami
Senior User
Mar 22, 2007, 01:40 PM

What is the taskbar?. I'm not being picky, I'm serious; I don't understand what you mean. I first thought of the dock, but after further reading your post it seems illogical that the Dock could "appear" just for some applications. Could you please send a picture of what you call "the taskbar"?.

Y no entienden nada... ¡y cómo se divierten!...

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Mar 22, 2007, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Nai no Kami View Post
What is the taskbar?. I'm not being picky, I'm serious; I don't understand what you mean. I first thought of the dock, but after further reading your post it seems illogical that the Dock could "appear" just for some applications. Could you please send a picture of what you call "the taskbar"?.
I imagine he's writing about the menu bar, but I agree with you. I'm not entirely sure what the 'task bar' is. Could be the Dock..

V
I could take Sean Connery in a fight... I could definitely take him.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Mar 22, 2007, 02:13 PM

I'm guessing you mean the toolbar at the top of each window. If that's what you mean, click the tic-tac button at the top-right of the window.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

kick52
Baninated
Mar 22, 2007, 03:40 PM

if it is the menu bar (the big white menu thing at the top), repair disk permissions and check the disk by booting off of the install disc, and try reinstalling the update.

if not you *may* be looking at reinstalling the OS.

Forum Links
Forum Rules