Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > SystemWorks 2.0

SystemWorks 2.0
veblen
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 5, 2002, 10:01 PM

Hi.

I have Pismo with 9.0.4 and a G4 Ti with 10.2.1 both are Powerbooks. I am wanting to buy the above software, because what I have read 2.0 [OS 10] comes with 1.0 [OS 9].

Does 2.0 run from the harddrive independently?

What do you think of all the other software that comes with SystemWorks 2.0?

Can I use Retrospect Express 5.0 to backup my entire HD's of both PB's to the Lacie d2 firewire 120 GB external hard drive or will I need to seperate external firewire HD's so that the backups from 2 different machines don't intermingle?

Will I need additional firewall software since I hace a cable internet connection?

Any other ideas for utility software for my machines with the operating systems that are on their hard drives?

Any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Veblen.

RoofusPennymore
Senior User
Oct 6, 2002, 01:29 AM

I have systemworks. It works pretty much the same way it did in 9, you have to boot off the CD to really repair anything.

There are several updates for Norton Utilities and Anti-virus. Antivirus has to launch the app to scan.

Retrospect is broke in 10.2, at least for me.

Haven't really used spring cleaning.
---I'm on a low Microsoft diet.

Forum Links
Forum Rules