Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Delicious Monster > Some other stuff about images

Some other stuff about images
cMonster
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 1, 2007, 01:03 PM

Questions: After adding a custom image, does DL change the size of the image?
When adding an image that is 1000 pix high does Dl changes it to 250 pix to save space?

Is there an optimal image size when adding artwork?

TIP: Make sure images are set to 72 dpi

Feature Request x2:
1. Copy artwork. When viewing media I would like to copy the image in its largest form to paste into other programs.
2. Artwork exchange with iTunes. A way to to export the images so iTunes can import them and visa-versa.

Delicious Monster
Dedicated MacNNer
May 2, 2007, 11:50 AM

I think the plain image will be whatever the original size was, but the rendered images, which is what Delicious Library will always use as long as they exist, will always be a certain size.

So, no, there is no optimal size, other than that adding something bigger than the biggest cover you can make in Delicious Library is just a waste of hard drive space.

Definitely make sure images are 72 dpi, though I actually fixed this in Delicious Library 2, I doubt it will be back ported.

I think both your requests will find their way into Delicious Library 2.

cMonster  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 2, 2007, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Delicious Monster View Post
I think the plain image will be whatever the original size was, but the rendered images, which is what Delicious Library will always use as long as they exist, will always be a certain size.

So, no, there is no optimal size, other than that adding something bigger than the biggest cover you can make in Delicious Library is just a waste of hard drive space.
What are the "certain sizes" that DL uses? What is the biggest cover that DL can make?

Delicious Monster
Dedicated MacNNer
May 2, 2007, 04:55 PM

I'm not sure, but the three sizes are stored in the Large, Medium and Small images folders. They are JPEGs, though they lack a file extension. Open a few in Preview and see how big they are.

Forum Links
Forum Rules