Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Delicious Monster > Weird problem with DL

Weird problem with DL
janiy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 19, 2007, 06:04 PM

I just got my DL licenced and now it's giving a hard time... When I use a barcode to catalog an item DL finds it well but I get 'Lookup failed' everytime I try to use the manual search. It worked before I tried to solve another problem with the resolt that I uninstalled and installed DL again and then this happened. Internet connection works fine. Can anyone tell me what's wrong? Did I miss something When I uninstalled DL? I also removed preferences, cache and database when I uninstalled DL.

rongallant
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 19, 2007, 06:57 PM

I am also having issues like this when I use title. I just purchased DL tonight.

Delicious Monster
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 20, 2007, 02:33 AM

Turns out the latest Mac OS X update or security release has an incompatibility with Delicious Library 1.6.4. We didn't notice it because it only affects Tiger.

Anyway, I tracked down the problem and have a beta out. Write to [email protected] if you are being stymied by this issue.

Topov81
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 20, 2007, 04:47 AM

Same problem here, started a couple of days ago.

However, I have not yet applied OS X Update 10.4.10 or Security Update 2007-006.

I've emailed support so I'll wait patiently for a response...

Delicious Monster
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 20, 2007, 02:32 PM

Topov,

I wonder if you are experiencing the same bug, or a different one.

Does your machine always fail one title or creator searches, while always succeeding with numeric searches? When you get a failure, does it show the item grayed out in the details pane, or does it just show the typical search panel?
( Last edited by Delicious Monster; Jul 20, 2007 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Typo)

Topov81
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 20, 2007, 07:28 PM

Thanks for the reply - it seems I have the same issue.

Barcode searches always work fine, but title/creator searches never return any results.

When attempting a title/creator search, it simply shows an empty results section below, and a red triangle with exclamation mark on a generic icon on the shelf.

Delicious Monster
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 21, 2007, 11:30 AM

That's really weird. The nature of the bug points to a change to the system, which makes a recent update the prime suspect, but if you are still on 10.4.9...

Well, at any rate, the fix should be posted soon, and if you've emailed support, I'll email you when it is.

Delicious Monster
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 9, 2007, 12:06 PM

Just to close this out, we released the fix as Delicious Library 1.6.5.

If you are on 1.6.5 and are still experiencing failed lookups, you are probably experiencing this bug:
http://forums.macnn.com/106/deliciou...t-there-it-is/

Forum Links
Forum Rules