Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Delicious Monster > DL 2 and iTunes integration

DL 2 and iTunes integration
mellow47
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 11, 2007, 08:26 PM

I'm aware that not much can currently be said about DL 2. However, the idea of iTunes integration has me curious.

Here's my situation:

I created a LARGE raid set on my Mac, then ripped my CD collection to iTunes (Apple lossless). Most of the CDs were not on Amazon because they either came from Musical Heritage Society (I'm a big classical music fan), BMG direct, or the CDs were bought before the idea of bar codes. All the cover art was scanned. That amounts to ~ 700 CDs.

Further, I burned my entire vinyl LP collection to CD (via an audio CD recorder), then ripped that to iTunes, another ~ 200 CDs. I photographed the LP cover art and dumped the jpg into a folder.

[For whatever it's worth: my iTunes library is currently pushing 150G, music only.]

Now comes the good part--all of this is already in DL because it took me a while to get my head around the idea of making my Mac a music server--I have an aTV connected to my music system. Since most of this was not available via Amazon, the scanned or photographed cover art was used. Information I deemed necessary was entered, but nothing too extensive.

So, I'm curious what's going to happen when i start DL 2 and point it to my iTunes Libray.

I still have the CDs, they're just put away in large CD sleeve cases with the CD covers/booklets also squirreled away.

Delicious Monster
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 14, 2007, 12:28 PM

You have three options.

You can turn off the iTunes integration and just keep what you have.

You can delete the things you have and just keep iTunes.

You can keep them both, since one represents what you have in iTunes, and one represents the actual physical media.

Forum Links
Forum Rules