Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > X-Plane 10

X-Plane 10
cgc
Professional Poster
Nov 27, 2011, 10:14 AM

Has anyone been able to get X-Plane 10 (demo) to open? I downloaded it to my Mac and it didn't start so I followed Larimar's tip and ran the updater and it still won't open. Been waiting for this for a while and now I can't try it out. Looks fantastic though.

BTW, I'm using OSX 10.6.8 on my MacPro with 7GB memory and nVidia 8800GT GPU. Thanks.

mprogers
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 27, 2011, 07:52 PM

I don't know if I have the same problem as you, but when I looked in the Console while launching X-plane, it said that I didn't have permissions. So, I opened up the X-plane app, found the actual executable, and set its permissions to read-write-execute. Then it worked fine, and it looks gorgeous!

cgc  (op)
Professional Poster
Nov 28, 2011, 08:02 AM

I saw that too and it made no difference. Finally deleted it and reinstalled (another 4 hr download due to their servers sucking) and it works...unfortunately it's playing around 10 fps.

Forum Links
Forum Rules