Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iSync, T68i, iCal problems...

iSync, T68i, iCal problems...
higuy83
Forum Regular
Sep 28, 2002, 03:53 PM

Hello,

Has anyone been able to successfully sync their iCal calendars with their T68i (or any other phone for that matter) using iSync?
I was able to complete the syncronization, but the times of the events in my iCalenders were transferred COMPLETELY differently to my T68i. For instance, I have an event on Monday that should start at 10:00am, however, my phone thinks it starts at 5:45pm ??
Does anyone know what the deal is? Thanks in advance...

-Brian
15" MacBook Pro 2.33 GHz/320GB/2GB RAM
iPod classic (160 GB)
iPod nano (4 GB)
iPod shuffle (1 GB)

deharlow
Forum Regular
Sep 28, 2002, 04:21 PM

Make sure the time zones (location) are set correctly on the phone and on your computer.

Daniel

Originally posted by higuy83:
Hello,

Has anyone been able to successfully sync their iCal calendars with their T68i (or any other phone for that matter) using iSync?
I was able to complete the syncronization, but the times of the events in my iCalenders were transferred COMPLETELY differently to my T68i. For instance, I have an event on Monday that should start at 10:00am, however, my phone thinks it starts at 5:45pm ??
Does anyone know what the deal is? Thanks in advance...

-Brian

higuy83  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 28, 2002, 04:43 PM

Well, I feel rather dumb because that did the trick! You're a genuis, deharlow! Thanks a bunch!

-Brian
15" MacBook Pro 2.33 GHz/320GB/2GB RAM
iPod classic (160 GB)
iPod nano (4 GB)
iPod shuffle (1 GB)

gsciorio
Oct 5, 2002, 06:34 PM

I've tried to set the time zones to the same thing but I keep getting messed up time about 7 hours difference.

I have both my phone to auto time zone and my mac to network time.

help
Giulio

MickS
Senior User
Oct 7, 2002, 10:49 AM

Set the timezone on the phone explicitly and don't forgot any daylight saving time. It should then work.

I've no idea when the "auto-timezone" is supposed to work but I've been hopping around timezones for the past couple of weeks with the phone and have always had to set the time myself.

iSync does sync the calendar well though. I had an alarm last week that went off on my laptop/iPod/phone simultaneously

Forum Links
Forum Rules