Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > The Mac Attack - podcast

The Mac Attack - podcast (Page 2)
SteveTech  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 4, 2006, 03:00 PM

The Mac Attack - episode #39

On this weeks "The Mac Attack" - New Apple TV ads, Is the sky falling once again for Mac OS X, adding RSS to an existing website, another possible issue surfaces with MacBook Pro's, a listener sounds off with alternatives to Front Row, and more....

The direct download and feed can be found here - The Mac Attack

-Steve

SteveTech  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 15, 2006, 01:11 PM

The Mac Attack - episode #40

New Apple updates causing headaches for some Mac users, listener voice mail and email, and once again we journey back into the Utilities folder with a look at Disk Utility on this weeks "The Mac Attack"

-Steve

SteveTech  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 26, 2006, 06:06 PM

The Mac Attack - episode #41

On this weeks "The Mac Attack". My favorite tips, tricks, hints, applications, & widgets. I also revisit two topics that I have been getting a lot of questions and emails about lately - Mac OS X security and Firewalls. And if that wasn't enough, I also answer listener emails and more....

(WARNING: You may experience information overload while listening to this episode. Please feel free to listen to it in two or even three bite (byte) size morsels)

-Steve

SteveTech  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 6, 2006, 05:02 PM

The Mac Attack - episode #42

Lots of email and voicemail on this weeks "The Mac Attack". Some topics discussed this week include: Canon printer drivers and printer sharing, listener recommended utilities, networking and file sharing, Tiger Cache Cleaner, new NJ Apple Store, video playback and more....

-Steve

SteveTech  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 14, 2006, 09:11 PM

The Mac Attack - episode #43

Mind mapping, what is it and how do you do it on this weeks "The Mac Attack". The company Mindjet has released a Mac version of their award winning software - MindManager 6, and I talk to the senior software engineer and senior product manager responsible for bringing this powerful Mind Mapping application to the Mac. I will also be giving away MindManager 6 for the Mac to one lucky listener. Listen for details.

Also on this weeks show, the MacBook is back in the news with some new issues, Techtool Pro 4.5 release announced and I take a look at a new freeware, per to per file sharing application.

-Steve

SteveTech  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 23, 2006, 10:24 PM

The Mac Attack - episode #44

On this weeks The Mac Attack... Troubleshooting your iPod, some fun and games, exercise your battery, the winner of the Mindjet MindMapper 6 give away, shareware, Apple's Pro Application update and more...

-Steve

SteveTech  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 5, 2006, 05:55 AM

The Mac Attack - episode #45

Smart folders, checking Backup's backup, printing issues, questions and answers about memory in the newer Macs, listener software suggestions, email and more on this weeks The Mac Attack...

Also Case-mate Patriot iPod case giveaway!

-Steve

SteveTech  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 20, 2006, 05:08 PM

The Mac Attack - episode #46

On this weeks The Mac Attack podcast: Follow up emails to topics covered and questions asked on the last episode. The Case-mate Patriot iPod case winners, and some helpful websites I've come across recently. Also, what's going on with The Mac Attack release schedule?

-Steve

SteveTech  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 30, 2006, 09:58 PM

The Mac Attack - episode #47

I kick off a series of tech topics that take a look "under the hood" of Mac OS X on this weeks The Mac Attack podcast. I revisit the topic of internet safety. I have my review of the InvisibleShield from ShieldZone and news of some new software and hardware releases and more...

-Steve

SteveTech  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 10, 2006, 07:27 AM

The Mac Attack (one year anniversary) - episode #48

I get geeky over the "under the hood" features and functions of Leopard not demoed during the WWDC keynote. I take a look at the new Mac Pro on this (one year anniversary) episode of The Mac Attack podcast. There's also a new feature this week - "Reviews by Robert" and more.

-Steve

SteveTech  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 19, 2006, 10:40 AM

The Mac Attack - episode #49

On this weeks The Mac Attack - listener emails. It's all about listener responses to topics I've discussed, listener software suggestions, listener questions and my answers. Everything from web page design software, to drive maintenance, to capturing streaming video, to user account administration, to internet filtering, to Mac OS X memory usage and a whole lot more.

-Steve

SteveTech  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 2, 2006, 07:58 AM

The Mac Attack - episode #50

On this weeks The Mac Attack I go back and pull some of my favorite tips, tricks, hints, shortcuts, and tech topics from the last year for the 50th episode. I also have some Mac news and info and Robert Hazelrigg is back with another product review.

Topics covered on this episode - hard drives, firewalls, "to drefrag or not to defrag", Disk Utility, maintenance, tips, tricks, hints and more tips...

-Steve

SteveTech  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 8, 2006, 09:26 PM

The Mac Attack "Entering the UNIX" - episode #51

A look at the terminal and the command line interface, lots of Apple news and rumors, keeping on eye on the sudden shutdown issue affecting MacBook owners and the continuing saga of the iBook & PowerBook battery exchange program, also a great product review from Robert Hazelrigg, the return of The Mac Attack tip segment and more...

-Steve

James.d
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 12, 2006, 08:42 PM

Thanks Steve, have you considered doing anything for iMovie or related to digital video?

SteveTech  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 13, 2006, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by James.d
Thanks Steve, have you considered doing anything for iMovie or related to digital video?

Yes, I have Mac related video tech topics I would like to do on the show. I just don't know how well a video topic will translate to an audio podcast. It's one of the reasons why I may start doing a "special" once a month video podcast.

-Steve

SteveTech  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 18, 2006, 08:59 PM

The Mac Attack "UNIX: Part Deux" - episode #52

"UNIX: Part Deux" on this weeks The Mac Attack. I continue with the command line interface tech topic this week and also read and answer listener email.

Don't forget to email your favorite shareware and freeware application suggestions for an upcoming "listener recommended" episode.

-Steve

SteveTech  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 4, 2006, 11:35 PM

The Mac Attack "A tale of a broken MacBook" - episode #53

This weeks The Mac Attack is a mini Mac Attack and my tale of a broken MacBook. I also answer these burning questions - Where's the show? Where's the host? What's going on? Who won the Unix book?

Robert Hazelrigg is back this week with another great product review...

-Steve

SteveTech  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 6, 2006, 10:45 PM

The Mac Attack - episode #55

Listener emails, voice mails, and a product review from Robert Hazelrigg on this weeks The Mac Attack. Topics discussed - More on Mac to PSP video conversion, Photoshop document issue, iBook fans, UNIX command, TMA Logo designer, wireless internet access, WEP vs. WAP, running Windows apps on a Mac, Automater, drive sharing, possible MacBook speaker problems, 2.16 GHz vs. 2.33 GHz, & uninstalling apps.

-Steve

SteveTech  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 25, 2006, 10:14 PM

The Mac Attack - episode #56

On this week The Mac Attack - "odds and ends" (software, tips, news, websites, etc.), listener emails and a product review from Robert Hazelrigg.

-Steve

SteveTech  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 12, 2006, 02:40 PM

The Mac Attack - episode #57

On this weeks The Mac Attack podcast - Selling used laptops online, a techie holiday product review from Robert Hazelrigg, Adobe CS3 rumor, software updates, a Tivo hack for us Mac folks, your emails and more.

-Steve

SteveTech  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 27, 2006, 12:32 AM

The Mac Attack - episode #58

Listener recommended shareware and freeware on this episode of The Mac Attack. Everything from contextual menus to widgets to video and audio conversion software to system utilities and more.

Please DIGG The Mac Attack. Thanks!

-Steve

SteveTech  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 8, 2007, 12:59 AM

The Mac Attack - episode #59

Welcome to the first "The Mac Attack" of the year...Happy New Year!

On this weeks show... Listener emails & voice mails. Topics include: Apple's implementation of the USB standard. Java development under Mac OS X. Bitorrent. Will universal applications migrated from a Power PC based Mac to an Intel based Mac work natively? A question about keeping a percentage of your hard drive free. Apple tech support in Europe. Another follow up on using web based email like hotmail, yahoo, and gmail as your main email and more.

Robert Hazlerigg also joins us again for a product review.

-Steve

SteveTech  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 26, 2007, 03:06 PM

The Mac Attack - episode #60

Mac Troubleshooting tips on this weeks show. Also: Apple news and rumors and Robert Hazlerigg has a review of three portable hard drives.

-Steve

SteveTech  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 18, 2007, 04:59 PM

The Mac Attack - episode #61

Welcome to the first "The Mac Attack" mini-cast (listen to the show for details). This week I talk about sharing an iTunes music library between different user accounts, Apple legacy product manuals, rebuilding the loop index in Garage Band and Robert Hazelrigg takes a look at two popular Mac games in this weeks review

-Steve

SteveTech  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 25, 2007, 04:16 PM

Thanks to the moderators here on MacNN for keeping this thread alive after forum reorganization!

The Mac Attack - episode #62

This week on "The Mac Attack" tips, tips, tips, a great conversation with Jonathan Cost from the "Mac Tips Daily" podcast, hints, and more tips.

-Steve
( Last edited by SteveTech; Mar 18, 2007 at 10:40 PM. )

SteveTech  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 18, 2007, 10:40 PM

The Mac Attack - episode #63, buying a new Mac

The who, what, where, when, and why to buying a new Macintosh on this weeks "The Mac Attack" mini-cast.

-Steve

SteveTech  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 1, 2007, 05:34 PM

The Mac Attack #64 - Hack your AppleTV

"The Mac Attack" is the podcast all about Mac tips, tricks, hints, Apple and Mac-centric tech news, reviews, must have software and more...

On this episode... How to void the warranty on your brand new Apple TV, a possible easy fix to some of your wireless networking problems, a couple of product reviews from Robert Hazellrigg and myself, listener emails and news...

-Steve

SteveTech  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 10, 2007, 11:52 PM

The Mac Attack #65 - Music on your Mac & Internet Safety

Revisiting two popular TMA tech topics - Music on your Mac & Internet Safety. Robert Hazellrigg is also back with a brand new product review.

-Steve

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 11, 2007, 01:05 AM

thank you very much for making these Steve. I've been listening here and there, and they have all been great! keep up the good work.

Alex

SteveTech  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 30, 2007, 11:39 PM

The Mac Attack #66

On this weeks The Mac Attack - Apple update 1.2, things to do with your Apple remote, another way to download YouTube movies, listen to Sirius satellite radio on your Mac in style, listener emails, a Robert Hazelrigg product review and more.

-Steve

SteveTech  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 13, 2007, 07:39 AM

The Mac Attack #67

Troubleshooting the Quicktime update, remote contolling your Mac via VNC, listener emails and voicemails, Robert Hazelrigg joins me here on the show live and more - on this weeks The Mac Attack.

-Steve

SteveTech  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 9, 2007, 03:59 PM

The Mac Attack #69

Dealing with multiple iPhoto and external itunes libraries, freebies and low cost goodies for your Mac, Apple news, my review of the Soundtech Amp3 Guitar Amplifier and portable music station, and a bunch of listener emails and voicemails.

-Steve

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jun 9, 2007, 04:12 PM

How did I never notice this thread over the past several years? What is this, like a poor man's RSS feed?
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

SteveTech  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 9, 2007, 04:16 PM

Nope, just away to let the other "MaNNers" know about the show.

SteveTech  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 1, 2007, 03:17 PM

The Mac Attack #70

One or two quick iPhone comments (I promise), Apple updates, audio popping on intel macs after 10.4.10 update, listener emails, encrypting data, repartitioning a hard drive and more...

-Steve

SteveTech  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 20, 2007, 07:17 AM

The Mac Attack #71

This episode of The Mac Attack is electrifying... I re-revisit surge protection and uninterruptible power supplies, network ports for Apple apps, RAM testing, and I review the SoundMate MP3 player speaker case.

-Steve

SteveTech  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 2, 2007, 07:59 AM

The Mac Attack #72

The Mac Attack is two years old!... On this weeks show - Next generation game systems and your Mac, adding the date to your menu bar, system and software updates from Apple, frequently asked questions and more...

-Steve

SteveTech  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 12, 2007, 05:35 PM

The Mac Attack #73

I take a look under the hood of the new iMacs. I also discuss my experience so far with iLife '08, iWork '08 and the other Apple announcements.

-Steve

Peter
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 12, 2007, 05:44 PM

Man, how did I miss this thread for nearly two years...
we don't have time to stop for gas

SteveTech  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 12, 2007, 05:48 PM

Ummm, you were busy with other things? <shrug>

SteveTech  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 19, 2007, 10:44 AM

The Mac Attack #74

I'm back... On this episode of The Mac Attack - What has Apple been up to and other Mac tech news, What are the best Energy Saver settings for your Mac. Robert Hazelrigg is back with a software review and the return of the tips segment.

-Steve

SteveTech  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 1, 2007, 04:51 PM

The Mac Attack #75

A look at Apple's latest software and firmware updates. What happens when you hit the power button on your Mac? Listener emails, Mac tips and more...

-Steve

SteveTech  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 12, 2007, 02:22 PM

The Mac Attack #76

Listener emails on this episode of The Mac Attack. More options for moving your Outlook info to your Mac, dimming Mac screen, boot speed differences between two almost identical Macs, Getting your music on iTunes and more...

-Steve

SteveTech  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 19, 2007, 10:57 AM

The Mac Attack #77

Leopard finally has an official release date and I talk about the things you need to do before the big cat pounces, listener emails and more on this episode of The Mac Attack.

-Steve

SteveTech  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 29, 2007, 06:57 PM

The Mac Attack #78

Leopard - The good, the bad, the ugly... What works? What doesn't? What's great? What's not so good? What's in it for you?

-Steve

SteveTech  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 8, 2007, 01:12 AM

The Mac Attack #79

The Leopard hangover - information and misinformation, Leopard weirdness, listener emails, a new product review and a whole lot more...

-Steve

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 8, 2007, 01:52 AM

Lockingated?

If not, I posted something on my blog today: Another Dadgum Stinking Blog
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

SteveTech  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 19, 2007, 10:17 AM

The Mac Attack #80

Life Hacking your Mac. Robert Hazlerigg joins us to review the Jawbone Bluetooth Headset. I have some give-aways and I discuss the Apple 10.5.1 update, a fix for a missing home folder, some handy keyboard navigation tips and more.

-Steve

SteveTech  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 28, 2007, 05:38 PM

The Mac Attack #81

Following up from last weeks "Life Hack your Mac" episode, listener emails, Quick Look plugins, a review of the IOGear GearJuice Mobile Pocket Power, TiffanyScreens license winners, David Sparks from macsparky.com joins The Mac Attack, and more.

-Steve

Forum Links
Forum Rules