Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > removing military time in finder

removing military time in finder
gsciorio
Jan 8, 2002, 05:20 AM

For the life of me I can't seem to change the clock in the upper right of the finder from a 24hr time to a 12hr time.

Please help,
thanks!
Giulio

simonjames
Mac Elite
Jan 8, 2002, 05:30 AM

go to system prefs and choose international then time

personally I prefer the 24hour clock though I consider it Euro - not military
this sig intentionally left blank

Sharky K.
Mac Elite
Jan 8, 2002, 05:30 AM

system preferences > International > Time > select your region or select 12 hour clock.

24 hours is not only used in the military. it is a default time setting here in Europe.

Sharky K.
Mac Elite
Jan 8, 2002, 05:31 AM

LOL, same message same time

man0
Jan 8, 2002, 07:09 AM

Originally posted by gsciorio:
<STRONG>For the life of me I can't seem to change the clock in the upper right of the finder from a 24hr time to a 12hr time.
</STRONG>
military time=european time?
that sounds new
------&gt;man0

marnie
Forum Regular
Jan 8, 2002, 08:17 AM

I'm in Europe and switched my time zone to "Italy" (which I didn't know was a "time zone"!) to make the time switch easier from EST as I go back and forth quite a bit. When I have the zone set to Italy, despite the fact that I have "custom" international time display (because I prefer 12 hour time and a small am and pm instead fo the default AM and PM), if i boot in OS 9 (where I have also changed the zone, and am using a network tie server, although I am not using one in OS X) and then back into OS X the clock switched back to 24 hour time, although the am and pm remains as I had set it. happens every single time.

man0
Jan 8, 2002, 08:36 AM

i experienced something similar...i think that can be caused by the os setting the internal "clock". try to setup under osx under the international voice f preference panel english as your first language after having set the 12 hours time option in the time menu...it worked for me
------&gt;man0

Forum Links
Forum Rules