Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Bluetooth firmware updater is not completing...

Bluetooth firmware updater is not completing...
pdub99
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 16, 2003, 01:09 AM

It's been churning away for 30 or 40 minutes now on my 15" Al. It says it can't find a bluetooth device, and my machine now claims that bluetooth is unavailable.

Just thought I'd toss that out there. This is great. I'm not supposed to turn off my machine, reset it, etc.

grrrrr.

big fox
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 24, 2003, 08:26 AM

Same here. Has enyone successfully upgraded and did you get a better BT-Range afterwards?

Regards
Volker

luckiesf1
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 24, 2003, 09:00 AM

I updated my BT firmware using the cd that came with the mouse. The range and sleep mode functions seem to work better now. However, for some odd reason, safari won't open tabs when I choose a bookmark from a pull down menu.
12" 867 PB/1128MB RAM/60GB/SD/Airport Express/BT Mouse + Keyboard/40GB ipod.

big fox
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 24, 2003, 09:08 AM

I got it running. Not with the CD Version but the Downloaded Version from apple.com. Althought that one seems older the CD updater claims that there is the latest Firmware on the system after the update.

Waking from sleep now is working, problem is that I have to swith off the devices to put the little one to sleep in the first place.

Still terible BT Range (about 2 feet).

Regards
Volker

RayX
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 24, 2003, 11:17 AM

Originally posted by pdub99:
It's been churning away for 30 or 40 minutes now on my 15" Al. It says it can't find a bluetooth device, and my machine now claims that bluetooth is unavailable.

Just thought I'd toss that out there. This is great. I'm not supposed to turn off my machine, reset it, etc.

grrrrr.
I had the same problem.
Bluetooth was turned off before the update was ran. After 20 minutes I force quit the updater, bluetooth was 'unavailable'. I restarted, turned bluetooth on, and tried again. The updater ran without a hitch this time.

Forum Links
Forum Rules