Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > server connection dropping AEBS

server connection dropping AEBS
TankCdr
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 27, 2007, 09:35 PM

Since upgrading my base station to an Extreme, I am having problems maintaining server connections with a variety of websites (MSNBC, AMEX, Home Depot, AKO, etc. etc.) I can often get the initial page to load but when I click deeper (secure and unsecure alike), the page attempts to load for a few minutes and I get the following message, "The server timed out while waiting for the browser's request. Reference #2.e24f648.1183338160.0"

All three Macs on my home wireless network share the same problem. If I connect a mac directly to my DSL modem via an ethernet cable, everything works as it should. I never had this problem using my old graphite basestation. Any suggestions?
VJT

Primary Machine: Powerbook G4 15in/
1.5ghz/1gig RAM/80 GBHD/OS X Panther

TankCdr  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 29, 2007, 05:49 PM

Some additional info... the problem is absolutely isolated to the Extreme Base Station. I cannot reproduce the problem using my Graphite Base Station, my Airport Express, or direct ethernet connection to my DSL modem.

I've done all the obvious things, all system software and device firmware are up to date and I've reinstalled the Airport software that came with the Extreme Base Station.

Still hoping for some good ideas...
VJT

Primary Machine: Powerbook G4 15in/
1.5ghz/1gig RAM/80 GBHD/OS X Panther

ghporter
Administrator
Aug 29, 2007, 09:08 PM

Tried a hard reset of the Base Station? You'll have to configure it again, but you're already having to mess with it.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Forum Links
Forum Rules