Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > how do I delete sites created with iWeb and posted with .mac after a format

how do I delete sites created with iWeb and posted with .mac after a format
solofx7
Mac Elite
Apr 1, 2007, 12:37 AM

I am confused about how to delete a couple of sites that I created with iWeb and posted with my .mac after I did a format reload?
I have tried everything. The original files are not on my MacBook Pro because of the format.
I also see them in my idisk, but I is my understanding that on my MacBook Pro that I can delete the files, but they are hosted online. On the online idisk I cannot delete them because there is no option. Please help!!!

TETENAL
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 1, 2007, 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by solofx7 View Post
On the online idisk I cannot delete them because there is no option.
Drag them to the trash?

solofx7  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 1, 2007, 02:03 PM

that does not work either.

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 1, 2007, 11:02 PM

The iDisk icon in the sidebar is an alias to the web server itself. Deleting the files from there should delete them from the server. Maybe you need to turn off iDisk syncing in the System Prefs?

Alternatively, you can log in to your iDisk using Transmit, and delete the files from the server in the Transmit window.

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

Forum Links
Forum Rules