Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Karma? Fake FBI agent killed by dump truck on freeway

Karma? Fake FBI agent killed by dump truck on freeway
Kevin
Baninated
Dec 7, 2007, 02:19 PM

VICTORVILLE - Authorities are puzzled over the bizarre behavior early Wednesday of a man who accidentally caused his own death on the 15 Freeway.

A man identified as Kyle Gavin Barry, 24, of Hesperia was killed just before 1 a.m. when a Peterbilt dump truck slammed into his car as it was idling in the slow lane.

Barry left his 1996 Dodge Caravan there after pulling alongside a Toyota Corolla that he had been tailgating, California Highway Patrol officers said.

The man in the Corolla had pulled over south of Stoddard Wells Road thinking Barry was a police officer.

Barry stepped out of the Caravan and identified himself as an FBI agent, CHP Officer Melanie Weaver said.

When the man asked to see identification, Barry punched him in the nose and broke his glasses.

The man "drove away in fear," Weaver said.

Barry had just gotten back into the Caravan when the dump truck hit him from behind, killing him.

No charges are expected to be filed against Peter Aguirre, 46, of Victorville, who crashed into Barry's car.

The CHP was trying to unravel the mystery of Barry's erratic behavior.

Before pulling over, Barry was driving recklessly, cutting off vehicles and following others too closely, witnesses said.

It is unknown if alcohol or drugs were involved.

San Bernardino County Sun - Fake FBI agent killed by dump truck on freeway

I wonder how many other people he had done this to.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Dec 7, 2007, 03:12 PM

YouTube - stealing from a monk

Karma is stealing a laptop from a Buddhist monk, then getting smacked by a truck.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Dec 7, 2007, 03:29 PM

I know a guy who did something like this, except fortunately he didn't die. It turns out he'd had a psychotic break and he doesn't even know who he is anymore. Sad thing, really.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Dec 7, 2007, 03:33 PM

You mean like a Fugue state?

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 7, 2007, 03:39 PM

Karma usually takes longer. This was a guy acting like an idiot who got hurt. It happens all the time. More cause and effect then karma.

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Dec 7, 2007, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by ort888 View Post
Karma usually takes longer.
...so you have some sort of scientific data regarding Karma and the time it requires?

Dakar the Fourth
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 7, 2007, 03:55 PM

I was just thinking it'd be awesome if the Lounge could manage to have an honest argument over how long karma takes.

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 7, 2007, 03:55 PM

8 minutes.

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

BlueSky
Mac Elite
Dec 7, 2007, 03:56 PM

Instant karma's gonna get you.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Dec 7, 2007, 03:56 PM

497 seconds, to be precise. I have a lot of experience with karma, so you guys can trust me.
Chuck
___

Demonhood
Administrator
Dec 7, 2007, 04:09 PM

i'd like to see your karma credentials

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Dec 7, 2007, 04:13 PM

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Dakar the Fourth
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 7, 2007, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Chuckit View Post
497 seconds, to be precise. I have a lot of experience with karma, so you guys can trust me.
Originally Posted by Demonhood View Post
i'd like to see your karma credentials
As always Chuckit only brings hollow words with his argument rather than some hard data that contradicts the Department of Karmic Timings findings. Really Chuckit, I think we're all a little tired of this game.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Dec 7, 2007, 08:21 PM

Interesting, and I though Karma was a bitch, not a truck

-t

ghporter
Administrator
Dec 7, 2007, 09:11 PM

Karma time is variable. For some people, it'll take a long, long time before their accounts are settled. On the other hand, sometimes it's minutes. My wife was in high speed, bumper to bumper traffic in Austin (and if you've been there you understand how bad that is) when a delivery truck zoomed up on her back bumper, tailgating her only a couple of feet back (she could see the bugs on the logo in the grill). There was nowhere for her to go, and he kept moving up a few inches then dropping back a few. It was nerve wracking for her. Eventually, a tiny spot opened and THE TRUCK DRIVER took it and managed to zoom up on someone else. Of course with that truck on her tail, my wife was going faster than she should, and what do you know but up comes a state trooper and pulls her over.

Now it gets interesting. He doesn't even ask for her license, but just asks her about how long the truck driver was tailgating her and how close he was. He even asked if she'd be willing to testify against him (she said "damn straight!") It gets better. The trooper headed out (he didn't have any problem getting back in to traffic-go figure), and soon my wife did too. Several miles farther on was the payoff: the trooper had the truck pulled over, and a big clipboard in his hand with LOTS of paper-the driver's manifest. And the driver was opening up the back of the truck. We never heard anything from the trooper, but we are guessing that something in the back of that truck was bad enough that they didn't need anyone to testify about the guy's bad driving.

Long story, simple message: sometimes karma IS instant.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Rumor
Dec 8, 2007, 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
Interesting, and I though Karma was a bitch, not a truck

-t
Who do you think was driving the truck?
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Dec 8, 2007, 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by Rumor View Post
Who do you think was driving the truck?
Good point.

-t

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Dec 8, 2007, 04:37 AM

Karma usually takes longer. This was a guy acting like an idiot who got hurt. It happens all the time. More cause and effect then karma.
I dunno, if you park your car in the middle of a freeway bad things will happen to you.

The more stupid the sh*t you're trying to pull, the faster karma catches up. I'm sure there's some law of thermodynamics that covers such things, and if there isn't, there should be.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Tiresias
Dec 8, 2007, 05:35 AM

There's no such thing as Karma.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Dec 8, 2007, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Next thing you're gonna say is there's no such thing as the Flying Spaghetti Monster or pirates.

That's just blasphemy.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Dec 8, 2007, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Maybe, but I hear it works anyway.
Chuck
___

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Dec 10, 2007, 12:02 AM

Karma can be slow working. Witness the story of Thomas Smidgley - The environmental anti-christ.

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Dec 11, 2007, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Dakar the Fourth View Post
As always Chuckit only brings hollow words with his argument rather than some hard data that contradicts the Department of Karmic Timings findings. Really Chuckit, I think we're all a little tired of this game.
There's a leap Karma second every 3rd Tuesday after the new moon on alternating leap years.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

Timo
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 11, 2007, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by ghporter View Post
Karma time is variable. For some people, it'll take a long, long time before their accounts are settled. On the other hand, sometimes it's minutes. My wife was in high speed, bumper to bumper traffic in Austin (and if you've been there you understand how bad that is) when a delivery truck zoomed up on her back bumper, tailgating her only a couple of feet back (she could see the bugs on the logo in the grill). There was nowhere for her to go, and he kept moving up a few inches then dropping back a few. It was nerve wracking for her. Eventually, a tiny spot opened and THE TRUCK DRIVER took it and managed to zoom up on someone else. Of course with that truck on her tail, my wife was going faster than she should, and what do you know but up comes a state trooper and pulls her over.

Now it gets interesting. He doesn't even ask for her license, but just asks her about how long the truck driver was tailgating her and how close he was. He even asked if she'd be willing to testify against him (she said "damn straight!") It gets better. The trooper headed out (he didn't have any problem getting back in to traffic-go figure), and soon my wife did too. Several miles farther on was the payoff: the trooper had the truck pulled over, and a big clipboard in his hand with LOTS of paper-the driver's manifest. And the driver was opening up the back of the truck. We never heard anything from the trooper, but we are guessing that something in the back of that truck was bad enough that they didn't need anyone to testify about the guy's bad driving.

Long story, simple message: sometimes karma IS instant.
great story

Kevin  (op)
Baninated
Dec 12, 2007, 11:59 AM

Karma usually takes longer.
Er yeah..

Anyhow. . I bet they guy wont have the guts to do this again.

Forum Links
Forum Rules