Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > XBox on my PowerBook?

XBox on my PowerBook?
lucas3735
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 26, 2005, 07:54 PM

I was wondering if there was a cheap and easy way to get AV signals from say an XBox into my PowerBook? So I can play games via my computer screen? Is there some sort of adapter I can buy that will do this? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
12" PowerBook 1.33Ghz

Cheetah223
Forum Regular
Mar 26, 2005, 08:37 PM

I don't know of any. The powerbook's display is wired into the powerbook without any external inputs that I'm aware of. I'm not sure if there are any TV tuners or PCMCIA cards that would have a composite input, but you could check into that. I wouldn't count on much, but that's not to say there's no way to do it.
Have:
30GB 5G iPod
Want:
15" 2.16GHz MBP - 20" Cinema Display

cloudaj
Forum Regular
Mar 26, 2005, 09:12 PM

Cheetah223
Forum Regular
Mar 26, 2005, 11:15 PM

Proven wrong again. That thing's pretty neat, if it were less than 150 bucks I'd have to get one, my PS2 is teeny, hardly bigger than a DVD/game case. That makes it easy to carry on road trips and such, and a lot of hotels are pretty conservative on letting you hook anything to their TV's. The three or four I've been to in the last month, one had a large plastic shroud over their cable going into the TV, making it "impossible" to unscrew. The next had their TVs somehow programmed so that with their basic 5 button remotes it would hit every channel between, but then skip from 25 to channel 69, making it impossible to get to the rear inputs or channel 3 for an RF input. The next simply had an RF input, I didn't have an RF adapter. Carrying a powerbook wouldn't be anything to worry about, especially with so many hotels having free or inexpensive wireless internet networks already blanketing their property.
Have:
30GB 5G iPod
Want:
15" 2.16GHz MBP - 20" Cinema Display

Forum Links
Forum Rules