Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > Font Trade: Bickham Script for Byron Bold

Font Trade: Bickham Script for Byron Bold
Source
Sep 5, 2006, 04:48 PM

Hi all,

I've got the whole Bickham Script font family and I'm looking to trade it for the .Byron RR Bold Regular and Swash fonts (not the whole family - just those two).

Anyone interested? Email me: [email protected]

skalie
Mac Elite
Sep 5, 2006, 05:27 PM

Why is it that almost everyone wants to trade their Bickmans for Byrons?

shecky
Sep 5, 2006, 06:08 PM

why is it that you think trading fonts is legal (both ethically and on this forum)?

as someone who knows a lot of type designers i can tell you.... it is not. thread should be locked and you banned.

Oisín
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 5, 2006, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by shecky
why is it that you think trading fonts is legal (both ethically and on this forum)?

as someone who knows a lot of type designers i can tell you.... it is not. thread should be locked and you banned.
Fonts are merchandise as any other. As long as the relevant licenses bought with the original copy of the font is sold or traded along with the fonts originally, there should be nothing illegal or unethical about trading fonts.

shecky
Sep 5, 2006, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Oisín
As long as the relevant licenses bought with the original copy of the font is sold or traded along with the fonts originally, there should be nothing illegal or unethical about trading fonts.
and as much as i want to believe the original poster is planning on deleting the font off his machine the moment he gives it to the other person, i don't.

i have been wrong before, hopefully i am now.

Forum Links
Forum Rules