Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > new Macbook Pro aluminum body uneven

new Macbook Pro aluminum body uneven
reemas
Senior User
Nov 4, 2008, 10:44 PM

I got a new CTO (custom) MacBook Pro. The 4 feet on the bottom don't evenly touch the ground. It's pretty slight, but enough to make the MacBook wiggle on flat even surfaces.

Any way I can get this replaced? Does anyone else have this issue?

I know it's nitpicking, but spending $2500 on a machine, I don't feel like accepting a little wiggle when I type.

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Nov 4, 2008, 10:56 PM

Complain until you're satisfied.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

sparker
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 5, 2008, 12:14 AM

Take it back to the Apple Store. They'll want to send it in, so be prepared to be without it for a couple days... But a couple days in the grand scheme of things isn't too bad.

Steve
Steve

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 5, 2008, 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by reemas View Post
Does anyone else have this issue?
Take a look over here which is also a CTO model, since there is a 2.8 GHz CPU listed there.

I know it's nitpicking, but spending $2500 on a machine, I don't feel like accepting a little wiggle when I type.
I don't think that's nitpicking. Given the awesomeness of the unibody construction I would expect a flawless computer, so being kind ask for a replacement.

reemas  (op)
Senior User
Nov 5, 2008, 11:40 AM

i just called applecare and they want me to send it in for "repairs."

the thought of purchasing a new machine and sending it in for repairs it troubling. i'd much rather they replace the unit. should i call back or am i stuck?

bloodline
Forum Regular
Nov 5, 2008, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by reemas View Post
i just called applecare and they want me to send it in for "repairs."

the thought of purchasing a new machine and sending it in for repairs it troubling. i'd much rather they replace the unit. should i call back or am i stuck?
If you are within 14 days of receipt... then send it back. :-)
2.8 Ghz Unibody MacBook Pro 15" - 4GB Ram - Logic Pro 8.0
2.33 Ghz C2D MacBook Pro 15" - 3GB Ram - Logic Pro 7.2
1.5 Ghz G4 PowerBook 12" - 1.25GB Ram

victorconcepcion
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 8, 2008, 07:52 AM

Hi,

I ordered a new unibody CTO macbook. It came with a dent on the top case (microscopic), a misaligned keyboard (just enough to drive my OCD-self crazy), and a faulty track pad (not just click-faulty, but track-faulty too). I called Apple, and they insisted on a repair. The rep stated that they only exchange items when they are DOA. Nothing I said seemed to make a difference, even after an hour long discussion with the rep,. I called the next day, and spoke to a different representative. He immediately arranged for a replacement, and told me that I had the option of returning the faulty laptop AT MY CONVENIENCE! Meaning that I could wait for the new one to arrive, before sending back the old one. The point is this: Be firm, but kind, but persistent. If that doesn't work...TRY AGAIN THE NEXT DAY!
: )

mainframe.ai
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 8, 2008, 09:21 AM

Exactly. Of course it is better when you get the replacement offer the first time...
Like happened to me.

I think Apple should streamline its operating procedures on that.
However. I am now a happy camper. Getting a new MBP.
--
G5 Dual 1.5GB 23", MP 8x2.8 8GB RAM, 30", MBP (ALU08), MB (ALU08)

Forum Links
Forum Rules