Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > What's the value of a Macintosh TV?

What's the value of a Macintosh TV?
Doc Juansinn
Senior User
Sep 17, 2002, 11:33 PM

Greetings,

Well, it's finally time to part with some of my nicer items. Does anyone have any ideas on the value of a Macintosh TV? You know, it's the all black all-in-one model with a built in TV tuner. It has the black keyboard and mouse but the remote control is missing. I believe that one of the remotes that shipped with the Performa 62-63xx models should work.

Let me know if you have any ideas about value or if you have an offer of your own that I could consider.

Thanks,
Jocelyn

Zimmerman
Mac Elite
Sep 18, 2002, 01:28 AM

Nothing. Perhaps a little to a collector if it is in pretty nice shape. The thing is, the cost of shipping kills its actual cost. If you sold it at a garage sale you could tag it at around $20 or so but some one would offer you $8 and you'd say, "how bout $16," and they'd counter with $14 and you'd say "done".

In short, its a crapshoot to find the right buyer, but you ain't looking to make a fortune like selling an origional Lisa or anything.

kenazo
Forum Regular
Sep 18, 2002, 10:07 AM

Actually a quick ebay search shows that there have been two sold for $300 and $325. Also, everymac.com lists their value at $150-250.

BrunoBruin
Mac Elite
Sep 19, 2002, 01:36 PM

I would think the Mac TV would hold some value for someone because of the color and because there were so few manufactured. They were pretty cool. I had just bought a Performa 550 (same case but beige) when the TV came out and it was the first time (although hardly the last) that I could have kicked myself for not waiting.

Jaspero1
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 20, 2002, 04:42 PM

I have a Mac TV. I'm choosing to keep it for a while longer rember it is TV.

Forum Links
Forum Rules