Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Bandwidth monitor that shows the port?

Bandwidth monitor that shows the port?
awaspaas
Mac Elite
May 9, 2003, 01:37 PM

So, I know there are programs that graph total bandwidth in and out. But what if I want to know what it is thats coming in and out? My computer shares over http, ftp, afp, daap, gnutella, AND has airport internet sharing on. Is there a program out there that combines all this stuff into one window - shows activity over each of the ports, shows the ip address of connected users, etc? I would gladly pay a shareware fee for such program. It shouldn't be that difficult to program, if there's not such a program, right?

memento
Mac Elite
May 10, 2003, 10:06 AM

I'd like to see this software, too. It would be helpful to those of us who use multiple servers/ports.
"Destroy your ego. Trust your brain. Destroy your beliefs. Trust your divinity." -Danny Carey

MacPro Quad 2.66, G4 MDD dual 867, 23" Cinema Display and 17" LCD, G4 Quicksilver dual 800, 12" Powerbook 867, iMac 300 Grape, B&W G3/300 with G4/450 running yellowdog, iPod 5GB, iPod mini, PowerCenter 150, Powercenter 132 tower, Performa 6116, Quadra 700, MacSE, LC II, eMate 300

spambot
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 11, 2003, 05:43 PM

if you know what ports are going to be used a priori (sounds like you do), and you want to see how your traffic is divided amongst them, use CarraFix. it even lets you prioritize your upstream transfers by service(port) and ip-per-port

Forum Links
Forum Rules