Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > This eBay scammer isn't even trying!

This eBay scammer isn't even trying!
Doc Juansinn
Senior User
Oct 30, 2006, 09:39 PM

Title is for a left-handed PRS, the photo is a Rickenbacker, and the description is… well… I don't know what to make of that. I do like that that "extermination foldover part" bit - almost makes it worth £67.

Seriously, is it conceivable that there could possibly be anyone stupider than the person who put up this auction?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Left-Handed-PR...QQcmdZViewItem
"Why did this thread cross the line? Because its **** got stuck in a chicken." - Demonhood

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Oct 30, 2006, 09:41 PM

Wow, what a deal.

(off to bidding)

-t

Eug
Clinically Insane
Oct 30, 2006, 09:46 PM

Well, it's in China RMB so I figure the person doesn't understand English very well (or at all, judging by that description).

hey!_Zeus
Banned
Oct 30, 2006, 09:48 PM

The translation needs a translation.

Sherman Homan
Mac Elite
Oct 30, 2006, 10:01 PM

Maybe he had the photo reversed.

Eriamjh
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 31, 2006, 08:12 AM

This tool work is fine, all science of electricity is good. Similarly you know that its double livings the trussrod,( forget the photograph this, but if its problem inquires at the right moment!) The tuner( first of) contain word stick down luxuriously at them.The system of trem of the behind of accent contain the replacement arm and copings part, the similarly first text is not of.( I have the aged coping plate if essential.) A plate of the accent tail is first and tap don't definitely of the extermination foldover part which is to raise at take the button. There is small acceleration control panel there at very the bitter end controls to mix the machine handle knob in the 5 th
What language is that?

I'm a bird. I am the 1% (of pets).

Sherman Homan
Mac Elite
Oct 31, 2006, 08:19 AM

I am beginning to think that this guy doesn't know what he has. This could be the deal of a life-time! Look again at the photo. I think it clearly shows a very rare Left-handed Reverse guitar. I once paid a great deal of money for a Left-handed Reverse baseball bat. They are very rare also.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 31, 2006, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Eriamjh View Post
What language is that?
Dummkopf (the language, not you).
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

rickey939
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 31, 2006, 08:48 AM

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Oct 31, 2006, 09:18 AM

I swear, when I get my Wii I'm going to auction the box off like this:
nintendo wii EMPTY BOX w/pix no reserve!!!

For sale: one Nintendo Wii EMPTY BOX. This EMPTY BOX is guaranteed to have once contained one Nintendo Wii in mint condition. However, it doesn't anymore; it is now an EMPTY BOX. The EMPTY BOX will be in as good a condition as we can ensure, given that it will have once been opened and the contents removed.

This auctioning off of an EMPTY BOX is no joke. We will in fact send the winner of this auction the EMPTY BOX. Consider this a social experiment, to find out how much people will pay for the EMPTY BOX when there is no chance of being fooled. We will not send you a Wii; we will send an EMPTY BOX.

Note that because this auction for the EMPTY BOX is serious, we do expect to be paid. If you don't pay for the EMPTY BOX promptly, we will be posting negative feedback, because this auction is completely normal. It just happens to be for an EMPTY BOX.

--Picture--

This is the EMPTY BOX, which is open to show that it is, in fact, an EMPTY BOX. We will close the EMPTY BOX before sending it to you, but we will not put anything into the box before doing so.
This is eBay we're talking about, so no doubt I'll be getting bids from someone. Any bets as to how high this one could go?
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

Zeeb
Mac Elite
Oct 31, 2006, 09:34 AM

Actually, empty product boxes are sometimes sold on ebay to collectors who already have the product itself. For example, old toys are much more valuable if you also possess the original package it came in.

I'm not sure you would get bids for an empty Wii box, but you just might.

Dakar²
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 31, 2006, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Millennium View Post
Any bets as to how high this one could go?
$50.

Hell, the 'smart' ones would buy your box just to try and scam someone by reselling it.

Eriamjh
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 1, 2006, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by RAILhead View Post
Dummkopf (the language, not you).
I thought he was Chinese, not German!

I'm a bird. I am the 1% (of pets).

Forum Links
Forum Rules