Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > RTCW patch released !!!!!!!!!!

RTCW patch released !!!!!!!!!!
dr.george
Forum Regular
Jun 5, 2002, 06:43 PM

<a href="http://www.versiontracker.com/moreinfo.fcgi?id=12479&db=macosx" target="_blank">http://www.versiontracker.com/moreinfo.fcgi?id=12479&db=macosx</a>

there ya go !!! lets go play !

iMac 20 Core Duo 2.0 Ghz / 1 GB RAM / 250 GB / ATI X1600

Corys
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 5, 2002, 07:12 PM

seems to have fixed the Over 1 gig of RAM / Open GL / Geforce 2&3 card bug..
finally can use all my RAM..

if you are having problems getting on servers, be sure you activate Punkbuster, it's turned off by default. you can activate it on the same window as the server list, can't miss it.
www.prepressforums.com
News & Information for the Prepress Industry

Bophasa
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 6, 2002, 12:32 AM

Can someone post the updater to their iDisk so we can actually download it? Every site is maxxed. Thanks

voice-
Jun 6, 2002, 03:49 AM

This reminds me of when CS 1.4 came out...there was a 600 minute line on FilePlanet...wahoo, gotta tell the guys about this...or maybe they will know when I shoot them...YAY!!!

juanvaldes
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 6, 2002, 07:55 AM

How are the improvements?
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive.
- Thomas Jefferson, 1787

Chimpmaster
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 6, 2002, 08:17 AM

I tested the 1.32 patch tonight on my new fp imac and was very happy ith the way it is running.

At last we can play with pc users on the general servers!
MacBook Alu, 13", 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM, 256MB video
G5 Imac, 17", 1.9Ghz, 1.5GB RAM, 128MB video, built in isight, airport and bluetooth
Indigo iBook, 366mhz; 320MB RAM; CD; FW; Airport

daydreamer
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 6, 2002, 11:26 AM

Most important update, without this update, the game was useless to me.... THANKS, downloading it, hope osp works with it, or we can wait for a mac osp version, another wait....

iamnid
Senior User
Jun 6, 2002, 04:55 PM

Has anybody confirmed that truform works with this update? i'm not noticing any difference with truform on or off and xlr8yourmac.com has also noted that they aren't sure if truform is working yet with this update. D'OH! I wanted truform.

Brad Oliver
Aspyr Staff
Jun 6, 2002, 06:33 PM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Originally posted by iamnid:
<strong>Has anybody confirmed that truform works with this update?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">It's in there but it doesn't work on the Mac because of a limitation of the current ATi drivers. A future ATi driver update may take care of it.

Brad
Brad Oliver
bradman AT pobox DOT com

iamnid
Senior User
Jun 9, 2002, 07:56 PM

What makes you think it is a limitation of Ati's drivers? Truform works perfect in both otto matic and realm wars... doesn't seem to be a problem with ati's drivers and truform for those games -- what makes you think it is ati's problem and not rtcw's? Did you read that somewhere?

Brad Oliver
Aspyr Staff
Jun 9, 2002, 10:08 PM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Originally posted by iamnid:
<strong>What makes you think it is a limitation of Ati's drivers?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">No, I'm a programmer for Westlake. I got it straight from the source - the ATi Mac driver team.

The problem is that the Q3 engine uses lightmaps to submit vertex normals to OpenGL. TruForm on the Mac currently only kicks in when the OpenGL lighting calls are used.

Brad
Brad Oliver
bradman AT pobox DOT com

Forum Links
Forum Rules