Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Anyone w/ new eMac ship date?

Anyone w/ new eMac ship date?
mycatsnameis
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 21, 2004, 09:52 AM

I ordered a couple on the date of the announcement but had to go through my campus reseller and they are not exactly forthcoming with shipping date specifics.

Haven't heard any update on teh rumoured delays with the SD models either.

Has anyone out there (Canada or US) got one on order from the Apple Store with a bona fide ship date?

Availability on new ordered is still listed at 5-7 days on the Canadian Apple Store web site.

unfaded
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 22, 2004, 04:05 AM

Originally posted by mycatsnameis:
I ordered a couple on the date of the announcement but had to go through my campus reseller and they are not exactly forthcoming with shipping date specifics.

Has anyone out there (Canada or US) got one on order from the Apple Store with a bona fide ship date?

Availability on new ordered is still listed at 5-7 days on the Canadian Apple Store web site.
April 22nd (tomorrow...er, today now). I can't wait for it

neely
Apr 22, 2004, 11:18 AM

Originally posted by mycatsnameis:

Got mine Tuesday just gone (20th). Combo drive model, though, not the SuperDrive. All well so far (i.e. the monitor hasn't gone wacky).

Pelao
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 22, 2004, 05:57 PM

i ordered a SD with BT and Airport. As a BTO I was given a 3-4 week delivery slot, and the order status says 17 May.

however, if you ordered the same thing yesterday it was 5-7 Bus days, now it's 3 - 5. i ordered mine on 19 april, and no shipping notification yet...
AL PB 15" 1.25 / 1GB

unfaded
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 23, 2004, 01:15 PM

Mine shipped last night I will probably get it on Monday/Tuesday and then start a thread about its wonder for all to see.

megasad
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 23, 2004, 02:55 PM

Originally posted by neely:
Got mine Tuesday just gone (20th). Combo drive model, though, not the SuperDrive. All well so far (i.e. the monitor hasn't gone wacky).
neely, or anyone else who has already got their Combo Drive model; could you open up System Profiler and tell us all the model number of said optical drive? It's under the ATA section of the Hardware option in the Contents list.

And then, once that is known, my next question; does anyone know of a region-free firmware hack for this drive?

[EDIT - To be on topic, I ordered my eMac (BTO with 160GB hard drive, 512MB RAM, AirPort Card, Bluetooth and Tilty Stand), on Monday 19th April, over the phone from the Apple Education Store. Got it all for just under �775 and have received the order confirmation email that says it will ship on or before Monday 10th May.]
( Last edited by megasad; Apr 23, 2004 at 03:01 PM. )
BayBook (13" MacBook Pro, 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, 1TB HD) // BayPhone (iPhone 4, 32GB, black)

jonthanlucas
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 24, 2004, 12:59 AM

I ordered mine (Education Store) on April 14, and I have May 5 as an estimated ship date.

1.25 Ghz G4
512 MB DDR SDRAM
160 GB HDD

sillyputty1967
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 24, 2004, 11:08 AM

My Superdrive eMac, which the Apple store reports a ship date "on or before 05/06/2004," has the following additions to the base model:

160 GB hard drive (which is a confirmed 7200 rpm drive)
512 MB RAM

I'm sure the two additions affected the ship date.

BTW, I've always thought the eMac to be a scream of a deal, and especially now with the refreshed machines. And, don't tell anybody, but I think they're aesthetically more pleasing than the iMac. It will be interesting to compare my original eMac 700 Mhz, 40 GB 5400 drive, GeForce2 MX, with the new machine. I'll be especially interested to see how the screens compare--I've always regretted that Apple didn't bump up the monitor quality to an aperture-grill picture tube.

jonthanlucas
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 25, 2004, 12:14 PM

Originally posted by jonthanlucas:
I ordered mine (Education Store) on April 14, and I have May 5 as an estimated ship date.

1.25 Ghz G4
512 MB DDR SDRAM
160 GB HDD
I just got shipping confirmation on mine this morning. The Fedex tracking is not yet available so I don't know a date of arrival. (probably approx. the 29th).

unfaded
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 25, 2004, 06:51 PM

Mine comes tomorrow. I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself.

I will be making a completely new thread on Tuesday based on my reactions to it

jonthanlucas
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 25, 2004, 07:50 PM

Originally posted by unfaded:

I will be making a completely new thread on Tuesday based on my reactions to it
That would be sweet if you would post your experiences. Especially note changes in overall speed of the computer and/or video card performance (i.e. gaming, etc.). Thanks in advance.

Forum Links
Forum Rules