Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Some games for MacBook 1° gen.?

Some games for MacBook 1° gen.?
pipposanta
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 8, 2008, 01:29 PM

Hi,
I have a MacBook 1° generation, the one with the GMA 950. Can you suggest me some games that run smoothly on this configuration?

2.00 Ghz Core Duo
2 GB Ram
GMA 950

I already have The Sims 2 + expansions and The Movies. They run quietly fine.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Mac User #001
Mac Elite
Jan 8, 2008, 02:43 PM

A lot of us here could tell you plenty of games that would run on your Mac, but it would be a lot easier if you looked yourself, because you know what you enjoy most.

Apple Games
I have returned... 2020 MacBook Air - 1.1 GHz Quad-Core i5 - 16 GB RAM

JayMan8081
Jan 9, 2008, 11:57 AM

Warcraft III

megasad
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 25, 2008, 05:51 PM

After seeing the first film on TV last week, I installed Aliens vs. Predator on the chance it might possibly work, and it actualy runs perfectly; highest resolution (1280x1024 on my external display), highest details, nice and smooth, and most importantly a very fun game. It's from 1999, so obviously it's a bit dated looking, but who doesn't love munching people's heads off as an Alien or sneaking up behind folk as a cloaked Predator and spearng them through the chest?

Unfortunately AvP2 won't work, I think because it needs a G4 minimum and so presumably needs some AltiVec action that Rosetta cannot supply, but as I never really played that as much as the first game it does not bother me.

So, yes, I recommend AvP, so long as you use an external two button mouse of course. Trying to play 1st person style games using a trackpad is silly.
BayBook (13" MacBook Pro, 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, 1TB HD) // BayPhone (iPhone 4, 32GB, black)

Forum Links
Forum Rules