Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Delicious Monster > Can't scan anything

Can't scan anything
Fliz
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 14, 2006, 08:53 AM

Hi all,

i was wondering if there is a fix yet that enables scanning / entering manual UPC/ISBN codes into DL for people who live in a country not supported by.. the supported countries? I live in Belgium, buy all my stuff in Belgium, have a MacBook and have not been able to scan anything.. No DVD's, no games, no CD's, no books, .. nada. Shame.. Is there a solution for this prob?

Thanks!

Delicious Monster
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 14, 2006, 07:56 PM

There's no solution to this yet that we're aware of.

The problem, of course, is that these barcodes are not listed in Amazon, and non-Amazon data sources is a feature we have yet to implement, since there are so many other features we have to implement first (the usual suspects: iTunes, web, sharing, etc).

As I always say, support for countries like Belgium are on the list, but it's a long list.

That said, you might try doing a title search. It's not as cool as barcode scanning, but it does get around regional barcodes, which is often the only issue.

Fliz  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 15, 2006, 08:20 AM

Good to hear.. Great app btw, as you probably already know

Cheers

Forum Links
Forum Rules