Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > iMovie update!! NO PIXELATED FONTS!!!

iMovie update!! NO PIXELATED FONTS!!!
stevesnj
Mac Elite
Apr 28, 2004, 08:14 PM

FINALLY!!! Apple fixed the pixelated fonts in iMovie's preview without the need to burn to DVD to see the results!!! YEAH!!!!
MacBook Pro 15" i7 ~ Snow Leopard ~ iPhone 4 - 16Gb

ryju
Professional Poster
Apr 30, 2004, 11:46 AM

I don't know if this is the same issue, but when I'm doing titling in iMovie and I export it to full quality DV in QuickTime the text is always like artifact-y and pixelated. Is there a reason for this? Maybe I missed something in the settings.

ryju
Professional Poster
Apr 30, 2004, 11:54 AM

Nevermind I figured it out, had to turn High Quality on in QuickTime thanks RYJU you're the best!

xylon
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 30, 2004, 02:41 PM

Originally posted by ryju:
Nevermind I figured it out, had to turn High Quality on in QuickTime thanks RYJU you're the best!
Ryju, do you think you could explain your steps in a bit o' detail? I've always been offput by iMove's text rendering. How exactly did you get it to de-artifact? Are you using QuickTime Pro?

^Thanks to sealobo
Viva le ScrollWheel!

ryju
Professional Poster
May 2, 2004, 08:32 AM

Originally posted by xylon:
Ryju, do you think you could explain your steps in a bit o' detail? I've always been offput by iMove's text rendering. How exactly did you get it to de-artifact? Are you using QuickTime Pro?
Yes I am..but I think it's in the normal version too. Once exported to quicktime open the movie you made and go to Movie Properties under the Movie menu. Then on the left menu choose Video and on the right menu choose Quality and check High Quality. That should do it .

plyxrbo
Forum Regular
May 15, 2004, 11:33 AM

i heard about this feature... but i hear that it is still not 100 % non pixelated. but better than in versions 2 and 3.

Forum Links
Forum Rules