Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Why are guys such f*cking pigs?

Why are guys such f*cking pigs? (Page 2)
george68
Banned
Aug 23, 2004, 01:30 AM

Originally posted by Disgruntled Head of C-3PO:
No girl with that size body has knockers of that calibre.

If she was fat then ya, I'd believe it.
My wife weighs about 104, she's little (5'2") but she's a 34C or 34D.

It can happen.

- Ca$h

Sealobo
Aug 23, 2004, 01:32 AM

No girl with that size body has knockers of that calibre.

If she was fat then ya, I'd believe it.
You haven't seen enough asian girls naked.

Disgruntled Head of C-3PO
Professional Poster
Aug 23, 2004, 01:34 AM

Originally posted by george68:

It can happen.

- Ca$h
And Asian?? When is the last time you heard of a hung asian guy? Christ, if they make fun of it on South park then it must be true

Anywho, you guys go right on believing those things are anything but Silicon.
"Curse my metal body, I wasn't fast enough!"

Sealobo
Aug 23, 2004, 01:34 AM

Originally posted by juanvaldes:
those be plastic funbags.
nobody knows.

but hey, implant is not at all in fashion on this side of the planet. (except Thai)

sworthy  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 23, 2004, 01:51 AM

Originally posted by Captain Obvious:
No, but you don't have to whine about it like a little bitch. You weren't there, you couldn't have stopped it. Even if you were there I doubt you'd have the balls or ability to do anything about it. If you want to pick a fight over it then go find the guy. That would be a story at least. Otherwise learn to deal with the reality of the world. You can not like it all you want but you can not stop it from happening.

If she is old enough to get married she can deal with deflecting unwanted advances.
Oh no! I'm a little bitch, my life is ending I'm telling you.

Wow, don't get riled up or anything. Oh, and keep talking like you know me... I don't think it would have been too hard to kick a little ass, I think the guy was 5'7" and skinny. I'm not a violent person but being big helps intimidate sometimes.

The whole point of my post was that I didn't understand why a guy would do that. Motivations, you know?

brapper
Professional Poster
Aug 23, 2004, 01:58 AM

Originally posted by CD Hanks:
Buy her a gun.
no, it's better to shadow her while carrying a gun...

CD Hanks
Mac Elite
Aug 23, 2004, 02:00 AM

i reed gud

(Disregard)
<some witty quote that identifies my originality as a person except for the fact everyone else does the same thing>

george68
Banned
Aug 23, 2004, 02:08 AM

And Asian?? When is the last time you heard of a hung asian guy? Christ, if they make fun of it on South park then it must be true

No, they're fake. I never said that they were rael, you just said that if the girl is little they can't have big'uns.

- Ca$h

Cipher13
Aug 23, 2004, 05:15 AM

Err. I've seen enough Asian girls to confidently say that they can have some mad rackage, even on a little package... anyone who says otherwise needs some more hands-on experience...

Oisín
Moderator Emeritus
Aug 23, 2004, 05:57 AM

1. What's everybody getting so riled up about? He was just complimenting her! I really don't see how he was being a pig. All he did was say that, though he realised she was married, he just wanted to let her know that she was the most beautiful woman he'd ever seen (which is probably an exaggeration, but what the hey). How does that make him a pig? Would it have been better if he had said to you that your wife is hot and you're one hell of a lucky guy, wink-wink? Hardly. He was just complimenting her.

Maybe it's staying in this country that's sort of changed my opinions on these things (though I don't think so), but here it would be nothing less than completely normal for a guy to tell every other woman he meets that she's extremely beautiful, regardless of whether she's married or not, or whether her husband is present or not. It's not an attempt at seducting her or trying to get her to leave her husband for him, it's simply a compliment.

2. Yes, even tiny little Asian girls can have a big rack; I've seen it too many times here for all of them to be fake (especially because implants are a little out of reach for a waitress who makes $100 a month). I wouldn't say implants aren't popular on this side of the globe. I've seen more implants among the rich women here than in Europe, I think (though it's hard to judge, since I wouldn't notice unless it's really obvious), and it's getting more and more popular to have all kinds of plastic surgery here, including the "plastic funbags" as you so wittily call them.

Hawkeye_a
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 23, 2004, 06:46 AM

I fell in love with beautiful Doreen
She was the prettiest thing this old town'd ever seen
I courted her and I made her mine
But I grew jealous whenever another man'd
Come walkin' down the line
And my jealousy made me treat her mean and cruel
She sighed, "Bobby oh Bobby you're such a fool
Don't you know before you choose your wish
You'd better think first
'Cause with every wish there comes a curse"
-Bruce Springsteen "With every wish" off the Human Touch album

for some reason this song came to mind.

BUT.... really mate...your fiance didnt give you any reason to worry. you need to be comfortable. forget being secure, forget jealousy, etc.... just trust her.

This from a guy whos longest relationship lasted for a whole 2-3 months

yukon
Mac Elite
Aug 23, 2004, 07:12 AM

I see no problem, I'd believe it to be a compliment that you have "the most beautiful girl ever seen". Beyond that, many women have self esteem issues, or maybe just having a bad day, a compliment like "I just wanted to tell you that you look beautiful" would mean a lot.

If he was looking for a date, then it could be argued he went too far, but the usual advice is "you never know until you try", "if you don't say it now you'll regret it later/for the rest of your life", etc, I could see the logic that he's just giving it a shot, no harm done if it fails.
[img]broken link[/img]
This insanity brought to you by:
The French CBC, driving antenna users mad since 1937.

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Aug 23, 2004, 09:40 AM

Originally posted by Zimphire:
SWAAAAAAAVE and DEBONER.
I'm not touching the Freudian subtext of that misspelling of 'Debonair' with a ten-inch pole

Ahem. Sealobo, your reaction is normal, natural, and quite possibly appropriate. I don't think there's much need to worry about it, though. The fact that she told you about it means a lot. However, there is something to note in this: being told she was beautiful obviously had a major impact. Take heed of this, and strive to help her feel beautiful more often. It's not about "protecting" her, or anything like that; it's about making her happy.
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Aug 23, 2004, 09:44 AM

Originally posted by george68:

It can happen.

- Ca$h
Ouch; that must be murder on her back. I'm not joking, either; those proportions can be quite nice from an aesthetic standpoint, but they're not known for being comfortable.

If I recall correctly, Ca$h, you're still in college. See if they offer a course on massage as a PE credit, and consider taking it (for that matter, if it's at all possible consider taking it together). Trust me on this; you will reap the rewards many, many times over.

DeathToWindows
Professional Poster
Aug 23, 2004, 09:53 AM

That's what cricket bats are for...

Don't try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

lil'babykitten
Professional Poster
Aug 23, 2004, 09:55 AM

Originally posted by Millennium:
..Ahem. Sealobo....
Pssst! it was sworthy, not sealobo!

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Aug 23, 2004, 10:04 AM

Ouch; that must be murder on her back. I'm not joking, either; those proportions can be quite nice from an aesthetic standpoint, but they're not known for being comfortable.

If I recall correctly, Ca$h, you're still in college. See if they offer a course on massage as a PE credit, and consider taking it (for that matter, if it's at all possible consider taking it together). Trust me on this; you will reap the rewards many, many times over.
No doubt, she needs to have a breast reduction before she runs into serious spinal problems. Kim has fairly small B cups, but Sarra is in between C and D, and very slim. She's only 25 and already having back pain over it, she's talked about getting them down-sized a bit.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Beewee
Mac Elite
Aug 23, 2004, 10:07 AM

Originally posted by sworthy:
Ok, here's the situation:

My fiance and her friend are out having some coffee at a cafe. A guy comes up and says, "You are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen, I realize you're married (he saw the ring), but I just wanted to let you know. Where were you a year ago, I would have proposed to you right on the spot."

Does the guy think that he's bestowing some great compliment upon her? Does he really think she'll suddenly get up and decide to run off with him? All he does is make her feel really uncomfortable while she hopes he leaves.

Now, I realize that in some sense this is a compliment, as it means I have a very attractive fiance... but I realize that already and I don't need some f*ck to propose to her to tell me that. The worst thing is that this happens all the damn time.

I just hope this happens some time when I'm walking over to her or something...

Wow, Tacoma, WA is one weird and ***ked up place. The guy probably had been saving that "jewel" forever and was just looking for an unoccupied married/engaged woman to try it on.

I'd move...

buffalolee
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 23, 2004, 10:19 AM

Originally posted by juanvaldes:
those be plastic funbags.
At least they will be fun

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Aug 23, 2004, 10:27 AM

Originally posted by lil'babykitten:
Pssst! it was sworthy, not sealobo!
Damn; you're right. Slip of the keys. My bad.

andi*pandi
Aug 23, 2004, 11:44 AM

Sworthy, good luck. Have your fiance take up TKD.
( Last edited by andi*pandi; Aug 23, 2004 at 11:55 AM. )

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 23, 2004, 11:49 AM

you all have seen Mrs. D4n. sleazy guys are always looking at her um, parts. there isnt really anything i can do about it, but it does get to me. i guess its just the way guys are. i have done similar thing myself, so i cant really judge. i guess at the end of the day i know she is coming home with me and thats enough. let them look. hell, im the fat dork whose arm she is on.

as sealobo (i think) was getting towards- its just something you have to deal with having a gf that is attractive. you can call guys pigs or any of a slue of other names, but its just going to happen. there are too many horny, lonely people out there who think that "game" like this will work for them.

and c ups are more than adequate, not average at all. ...anything more than what you can cover with your mouth is just bonus.

rozwado1
Mac Elite
Aug 23, 2004, 11:56 AM

Originally posted by brandon420506:
Rozwado, this is only the second post of yours I've seen, and the second negative one. People don't post to have a$$holes respond being a jerk. There was no need for that comment, as there was no need for this one.

Stop being immature. As the saying goes, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it.
F0ck. I didn't know I got banninated from Peripherals! Since you've only seen 2 of my posts, you wouldn't know that the Peripherals one was out of character. I apologize to the initial thread starter, didn't mean to scare her away. That's the price I pay for leaving the iBook downstairs and unlocked when I'm out. PM me if there's any more jackass posts I didn't catch.

I didn't think my comment in here was bad - just giving sworthy a little hell, that's all.

sworthy  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 23, 2004, 01:10 PM

@ rozwado1, I thought it was funny, but damn it I'm a guy

@yukon - You are entirely missing the point if you think she liked it or regarded the situation as a compliment. If you ever do the same to a girl and feel like letting her know, I'd hold it in and tell your friends later... trust me, a good looking girl doesn't give a sh*t whatever compliments you decide to bestow upon her.

@ Millenium - this only had a "major impact" in the fact that she told me what happened. Please don't assume that I somehow am not making her feel beautiful enough. We both tell each other when someone hit on either of us... we're definitely both a little protective, and I know that she'd probably be even more pissed than I am if this happened to me. It's not a cry out for attention or a jealousy thing... does that not make sense?

Oh, and Beewee, this happened in the SF Bay Area, we go back up to Tacoma tomorrow (not that Tacoma isn't a place that you should avoid... because you should).

Sealobo
Aug 23, 2004, 01:15 PM

Originally posted by d4nth3m4n:
as sealobo (i think) was getting towards- its just something you have to deal with having a gf that is attractive. you can call guys pigs or any of a slue of other names, but its just going to happen. there are too many horny, lonely people out there who think that "game" like this will work for them.

and c ups are more than adequate, not average at all. ...anything more than what you can cover with your mouth is just bonus.

and C cup is just right.

wataru
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 23, 2004, 01:16 PM

The only reason I read the second page of this lame thread was in the hopes of more pics. Come on, guys!

Oh, and no crappy joke pics just to piss me off.

Kenneth
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 23, 2004, 01:36 PM

People in Tacoma is strange.

juanvaldes
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 23, 2004, 02:54 PM

He's not from Tacoma.
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive.
- Thomas Jefferson, 1787

Thilo Ettelt
Senior User
Aug 23, 2004, 03:02 PM

My fiance and her friend are out having some coffee at a cafe. A guy comes up and says, "You are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen, I realize you're married (he saw the ring), but I just wanted to let you know. Where were you a year ago, I would have proposed to you right on the spot."

Does the guy think that he's bestowing some great compliment upon her? Does he really think she'll suddenly get up and decide to run off with him? All he does is make her feel really uncomfortable while she hopes he leaves.

Now, I realize that in some sense this is a compliment, as it means I have a very attractive fiance... but I realize that already and I don't need some f*ck to propose to her to tell me that. The worst thing is that this happens all the damn time.

Now I know how you get to your 1000th+ post

- Thilo

perbl
Forum Regular
Aug 23, 2004, 03:12 PM

Originally posted by rozwado1:
F0ck. I didn't know I got banninated from Peripherals! Since you've only seen 2 of my posts, you wouldn't know that the Peripherals one was out of character. I apologize to the initial thread starter, didn't mean to scare her away. That's the price I pay for leaving the iBook downstairs and unlocked when I'm out. PM me if there's any more jackass posts I didn't catch.

I didn't think my comment in here was bad - just giving sworthy a little hell, that's all.
I responded kinda harsh on the one in the pheriperals forum, but have to say I found this one kinda funny

1: From my point of view, I have no problems with guys telling a girl that she is beautyful. I do not have a problem with girls giving me compliments either, now that I come to think of it... I just don't get what the big deal was about this incident, from what I can read out from the original post, this guy just gave a compliment, and walked away without causing trouble. If I were to categorize a guy as a pig or an idiot, I would at least require the compliment to include some offers of the sexual kind

2: I simply do not see the big deal, so I guess I do not see the need to get so angry and post about it on the web...

But then again, we are all different, and we all have our limitations.

And now, you can all shut up, and post some more pictures of titties we can have long discussions about

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Aug 23, 2004, 03:19 PM

@ Millenium - this only had a "major impact" in the fact that she told me what happened. Please don't assume that I somehow am not making her feel beautiful enough.
I sincerely apologize for my poor wording. I was wrong to make assumptions, but please understand that this is a problem many guys have without noticing it. I've seen way too many relationships ruined by exactly that, and I hoped to avert what I saw as an impending problem. Believe me, I'm glad to see that my advice was unnecessary.

If you're making her feel beautiful, then that's wonderful. Keep doing it.
We both tell each other when someone hit on either of us... we're definitely both a little protective, and I know that she'd probably be even more pissed than I am if this happened to me. It's not a cry out for attention or a jealousy thing... does that not make sense?
It makes every bit of sense given what you've just told me, but I didn't have that information at the time I made the original post. A lot of couples would be better off if they adopted your policy of telling each other about things like this. So few do, however, that I think it was reasonable to not assume it.

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Aug 23, 2004, 03:23 PM

@yukon - You are entirely missing the point if you think she liked it or regarded the situation as a compliment. If you ever do the same to a girl and feel like letting her know, I'd hold it in and tell your friends later... trust me, a good looking girl doesn't give a sh*t whatever compliments you decide to bestow upon her.
I thought I'd reply to this one separately, given how it wasn't addressed to me. You're half-right: compliments don't mean very much, particularly if they're just said in an attempt to get laid (and most men are so obvious about it that catching this type of thing is borderline-trivial).

When said in earnest compliments can actually mean something, but in the end actions speak far louder than words. In this, you've hit the nail on the head.

sworthy  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 23, 2004, 03:44 PM

Originally posted by Thilo Ettelt:
Now I know how you get to your 1000th+ post

- Thilo
Seriously

I think this is the first time I've ever posted more than 2 or 3 times in a thread.

@ Millennium - thanks for clearing that up.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Aug 23, 2004, 03:50 PM

Originally posted by starman:
We require pigs.
Fixinated !

-t

rozwado1
Mac Elite
Aug 23, 2004, 04:14 PM

Originally posted by perbl:
2: I simply do not see the big deal, so I guess I do not see the need to get so angry and post about it on the web...
I think the problem was that he offered to propose to her if blah, blah, blah. I'm a fan of complementing people, but that's a bit weird.
And now, you can all shut up, and post some more pictures of titties we can have long discussions about

Perfect size.

Nodnarb
Mac Elite
Aug 23, 2004, 04:17 PM

I apologize, I acted to quickly. As I said, that was only the second post of your's that I've seen, and I didn't know that it was said in a joking manner. The post about the iSight just pissed me off and then I saw this one and I thought you were just a jacka$$.

Myrkridia
Senior User
Aug 23, 2004, 04:47 PM

There are tons of stupid guys who watch sh*t like "You've got mail" or "What women want" (or porn, because that's where that pick up line probably came from) and think to themselves: "Oh, I can get myself ANY woman by just giving out long winded compliments" or if they act cute or stupid because "chicks dig that kinda stuff!"

The other guy probably made the assumption that she's already married, bored with her life as a wife, and looking for a sexy affair to spice things up. "Cuz married chicks are lonely, I saw it on a website once" The thing that pisses me off about that story is that I've seen similar things like that done before. So if you confront him about it or say, "Back off!" He'll get defensive and hold up his hands screaming, "Chill dude, can't I give the lady a compliment?!"

perbl
Forum Regular
Aug 23, 2004, 05:13 PM

I think the problem was that he offered to propose to her if blah, blah, blah. I'm a fan of complementing people, but that's a bit weird.

Perfect size.

Now that's what I'm talking about Now we are going down the pig-lane

Well, of course I can see that that part is not entirely appropiate, but people out on a nice evening tend to drink some stuff that have a tendency of loosening the toungue, and I have heard people say much worse things than this to people they do not know. From what I can read here, this was at cafe, and the guy hopefully sober. But I still do not see the need to get so angry about it, as the guy was probably someone who is a little too direct in his conversation to other people. The only thing you are going to risk by opening a big can of whoopass is escalating the situation into something that was never intended by none of the participants. My opinion is, state your meaning in a honest, yet polite and unprovocative way, and let the guy know how you feel about it, and he will most likely smile, and walk away.

A much better solution than the one up here suggesting learning TKD , which btw is probably the last thing you want to use in a case like this, if someone comes up to you and verbally offends you or someone you know.

rozwado1
Mac Elite
Aug 23, 2004, 05:42 PM

sworthy - you should just have the fiancee use mase. Whenever a guy approaches with a corny line, tell her to use it. If she's hot, she should go through a can of mase maybe once every 2 weeks, which is still cheaper than buying her a gun.

ringo
Professional Poster
Aug 23, 2004, 06:09 PM

Originally posted by Myrkridia:
There are tons of stupid guys who watch sh*t like "You've got mail" or "What women want" (or porn, because that's where that pick up line probably came from) and think to themselves: "Oh, I can get myself ANY woman by just giving out long winded compliments" or if they act cute or stupid because "chicks dig that kinda stuff!"
In my neighborhood, guys hit on anything that move with really obvious lines. I think they're just working the averages...if their stupid pickup line works 1 time out of 100, then they're better off than they would be if they never tried at all. I think it's kind of obnoxious, but I might think differently if I were still single.

Guys who are too embarrassed or self-conscious or nervous to make any kind of move at all aren't going to get anywhere most of the time. Better to say something stupid and get someone's number every once in a while than to do nothing and be alone.

rozwado1
Mac Elite
Aug 23, 2004, 06:20 PM

Originally posted by ringo:
Guys who are too embarrassed or self-conscious or nervous to make any kind of move at all aren't going to get anywhere most of the time. Better to say something stupid and get someone's number every once in a while than to do nothing and be alone.
Seconded.

starman
Clinically Insane
Aug 23, 2004, 07:03 PM

Maxim

'Nuff said

Mike

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

wolfen
Mac Elite
Aug 23, 2004, 09:57 PM

Originally posted by ringo:
In my neighborhood, guys hit on anything that move with really obvious lines. I think they're just working the averages...if their stupid pickup line works 1 time out of 100, then they're better off than they would be if they never tried at all. I think it's kind of obnoxious, but I might think differently if I were still single.

Give that man a gold star!

The only challenge for a guy in this scenario is this: Yeah your gf will pass on the first 20 come-ons, but if you're in it for the long haul you better make it worth her while to pass on all the rest. All other issues are just a distraction. It's natural for him to be feeling a little shaky about his ability to step up to the plate here. I'm in agreement that this is the real issue.

Sworthy: Be a good husband and stfu. If you've already completed step 1, there's nothing for us to talk about here. Move along.
Do you want forgiveness or respect?

Sealobo
Aug 24, 2004, 02:32 AM

My gf is having a trip in Italy and i just called her. She told me that unknown guys on the street are doing quite a lot of talking to her. Friends said to her that to lower the likelihood of random approaches, pretty girls should wear a wedding ring (true or not).

She is going to a nude beach today, adventures await. (and, "no" is the answer for all your questions!)

cjrivera
Professional Poster
Aug 24, 2004, 02:36 AM

Originally posted by Sealobo:

She is going to a nude beach today, adventures await. (and, "no" is the answer for all your questions!)
Could you please NOT post pics of her adverntures?

cjrivera
Professional Poster
Aug 24, 2004, 02:39 AM

Sorry, that was such a pig thing to say.

Zimphire
Baninated
Aug 24, 2004, 09:22 AM

Because the SWF is an expert when it comes to breasts...

Zimphire
Baninated
Aug 24, 2004, 09:24 AM

I'm not touching the Freudian subtext of that misspelling of 'Debonair' with a ten-inch pole
It spelled how I said it.

Ever heard a backwoods man say it? Sounds about like that.

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 24, 2004, 09:52 AM

Originally posted by Sealobo:
My gf is having a trip in Italy and i just called her. She told me that unknown guys on the street are doing quite a lot of talking to her. Friends said to her that to lower the likelihood of random approaches, pretty girls should wear a wedding ring (true or not).

ive lost girlfriends to italian vacation "adventures". keepin em crossed for ya 'lobo.
<== requisite smiley

Forum Links
Forum Rules