Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Why aren't there any conservative talk stations on the iTunes Radio line-up?

Why aren't there any conservative talk stations on the iTunes Radio line-up? (Page 2)
kimosABE
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 1, 2012, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by knifecarrier2 View Post
They're too dumb to figure out technology.
Humorous, but obviously not true. BTW, Rush Limbaugh is a gigantic advocate of Apple products. He mentions them all the time. But will iTunes include his show in their lineup? Obviously not. The Liberal Apple users might jump ship and start buying non-Apple tech gear.

Not likely, but they still won't add Rush's show to the lineup.

kimosABE
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 1, 2012, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
A gangster about to have an aneurism.

subego
Clinically Insane
Oct 1, 2012, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by kimosABE View Post
Humorous, but obviously not true. BTW, Rush Limbaugh is a gigantic advocate of Apple products. He mentions them all the time. But will iTunes include his show in their lineup? Obviously not. The Liberal Apple users might jump ship and start buying non-Apple tech gear.
Not likely, but they still won't add Rush's show to the lineup.
Wrong century. That's not how stuff works anymore.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Oct 1, 2012, 09:53 AM

They (Apple) still swamp Rush with swag and go far out of their way to give him product support. But, while they are overjoyed to take his money, and love the "free" advertising, they're terrified of being seen as a supporter. That is a little chicken s***, IMO.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

subego
Clinically Insane
Oct 1, 2012, 10:05 AM

I agree for the most part, but that's ultimately evidence for my point. If Apple actually locked his show out of their ecosystem, Rush wouldn't care about the swag. He'd (rightfully) unload on Apple with both barrels.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Oct 1, 2012, 11:16 AM

Why does it not surprise me you like Shouty McYell.
All you can offer is name calling? So much for that high road.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Oct 1, 2012, 11:18 AM

You can find Rush on many of the talk/news stations. He wouldn't need his own slot on iToons.

kimosABE
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 1, 2012, 12:24 PM

Wrong century. That's not how stuff works anymore.
Whatever you say. This is what matters most.

Pat Caddell: Press Has Become ‘Threat to Democracy’ and ‘Enemy of the American People'

http://m.newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2012/09/30/pat-caddell-press-has-become-threat-democracy-and-enemy-american-peop

kimosABE
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 1, 2012, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
You can find Rush on many of the talk/news stations. He wouldn't need his own slot on iToons.
I guess you are right. But, I don't like having to sit 'in the back of the bus.' Remember, "Jim Crow" was a Democrat 'insttution' and when you understand they could do THAT to Blacks, you can draw a straight line to today's Democrats treating Conservatives and Republicans like the "Niggra's" from yesteryear.

Excluding Conservative programming from Apple's iTunes because of political considerations isn't the American way.

kimosABE
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 1, 2012, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
They (Apple) still swamp Rush with swag and go far out of their way to give him product support. But, while they are overjoyed to take his money, and love the "free" advertising, they're terrified of being seen as a supporter. That is a little chicken s***, IMO.
Yup.

subego
Clinically Insane
Oct 1, 2012, 03:20 PM

Pat Caddell: Press Has Become ‘Threat to Democracy’ and ‘Enemy of the American People'
http://m.newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2012/09/30/pat-caddell-press-has-become-threat-democracy-and-enemy-american-peop
Allow me to clarify.

I wasn't providing you with a political opinion. I was providing you with a technical observation from someone who actually uses the products in question.

In the radio portion of iTunes, there are no slots. It's a list of stations. If your station livestreams its content, it gets put on the list.

Where Apple does give front page "slots" to is podcasts. You don't get in the podcast section unless you release a podcast through iTunes.

Limbaugh doesn't make a podcast, or if he does, chooses not to distribute through iTunes.

subego
Clinically Insane
Oct 1, 2012, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
All you can offer is name calling? So much for that high road.
You're so cute when you call for moderation of tone.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Oct 2, 2012, 01:17 AM

Another of your 'thoroughly vetted' sources? Here's a clue: If they refer to the "liberal media", it means they are hopelessly biased the other way.

Picking sources that agree with you/you agree with before you've read a single word is intellectually redundant.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

kimosABE
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 2, 2012, 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
Another of your 'thoroughly vetted' sources? Here's a clue: If they refer to the "liberal media", it means they are hopelessly biased the other way.
Picking sources that agree with you/you agree with before you've read a single word is intellectually redundant.
My God, man! Do you REFUSE to get it or are you guys simply incapable of understanding that this county is in danger? The sources I'm citing are LESS concerned with name calling than they are about what is happening to journalism and what effect that has on the nation!

Maybe that is one of the unalterable signs that someone is a liberal. They are more focused on the way things look than conservatives who are more concerned with how and whether things work.

How silly.

I assessed the failure of the Mainstream Media to do their job of adequately vetting B.O. during the 2008 campaign. And it is only now that other responsible voices, saying what I've been saying these past four years, are starting to be heard above the leftist distraction and misdirection in and by the MSM. It isn't that I pick sources that agree with me. It isn't that I'm picking sources I agree with. It's that there is a big change in the way things have worked in previous elections and these changes are not good for the continued health and prosperity of the USA. And people like you, who are basically at the mercy of what you assume is a basically benign or inconsequential journalism industry, rely on that corrupt institution to TELL you it is corrupt.

DON'T EXPECT TO GET NEWS OF THE DECLINE OF THE NEWS BUSINESS FROM THE MSM UNTIL ETHICAL JOURNALISTS ARE ABLE TO BATTLE THE CORRUPT FORCES AND GET THE WORD OUT.

I am giving you advance warning.

Take heed.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Oct 2, 2012, 04:31 AM

Oh I get it just fine. You see ethical journalists are a very rare breed if they even exist at all anymore. I'm not even convinced they ever did.

You achieve nothing by siding with media that is simply biased to even more ridiculous levels in the other direction.

I don't rely on the media to tell me anything other than facts that can be verified by observation, deduction or quick research. If MSNBC and Fox say that 10 people died in a fire, then I can safely deduce that 10 people died in a fire. If MSNBC blames the GOP while Fox blames Obama, then I will assume that I'm listening to imbeciles and disregard anything beyond the fact that 10 people died in a fire.

If (and this one is much more likely to actually happen) MSNCB blames faulty wiring while Fox blames Obama, I'm going to side with MSNBC because of a little thing called Occam's razor. One sides assertion is rational and feasible, the other has been pulled out of somebody's backside because of political bias taken to the level of extremism.

You interpret a lack of bias as bias against your opinion which is plain wrong, but railing against these perceived injustices by going as far the other way as possible isn't going to get anyone anywhere. Strive for the middle my friend. If US politics was a see-saw (I think you call them 'teeter-totters' - a long plank with a fulcrum in the middle), jumping on one end as hard as you can while the balance is tipped the other way is only going to make it snap.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 2, 2012, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by Orion27 View Post

And his market is high end, well educated and probably mostly PC ( personal computer ).
As far as his market being high end and educated, that's a guess on your part. I would say it's more middle income old white males, based on my experience of actually talking to a fair number of his listeners, who own Macs. Well educated people don't fall for his emotional rhetoric, but those who are in the middle, who need someone to blame for their misfortunes, and who are afraid the U. S. is no longer a white man's playground, would be a more accurate representation of his audience, IMO.
Why is there always money for war, but none for education?

kimosABE
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 2, 2012, 08:06 AM

Oh I get it just fine. You see ethical journalists are a very rare breed if they even exist at all anymore. I'm not even convinced they ever did.
You achieve nothing by siding with media that is simply biased to even more ridiculous levels in the other direction.
I don't rely on the media to tell me anything other than facts that can be verified by observation, deduction or quick research. If MSNBC and Fox say that 10 people died in a fire, then I can safely deduce that 10 people died in a fire. If MSNBC blames the GOP while Fox blames Obama, then I will assume that I'm listening to imbeciles and disregard anything beyond the fact that 10 people died in a fire.
If (and this one is much more likely to actually happen) MSNCB blames faulty wiring while Fox blames Obama, I'm going to side with MSNBC because of a little thing called Occam's razor. One sides assertion is rational and feasible, the other has been pulled out of somebody's backside because of political bias taken to the level of extremism.
You interpret a lack of bias as bias against your opinion which is plain wrong, but railing against these perceived injustices by going as far the other way as possible isn't going to get anyone anywhere. Strive for the middle my friend. If US politics was a see-saw (I think you call them 'teeter-totters' - a long plank with a fulcrum in the middle), jumping on one end as hard as you can while the balance is tipped the other way is only going to make it snap.
Where is your concern for whether or not the nation is in danger? Should moderation be used when warning of an existential threat?

"Let me remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. And let me also remind you that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."

Barry Goldwater, acceptance speech as Republican candidate for President, 1964
US politician (1909 - 1998)
Journalistic integrity is a secondary concern when the failure of journalistic integrity results in a clear, immediate and unmistakably lethal threat to America.

You do not get it.

kimosABE
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 2, 2012, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by OldManMac View Post
As far as his market being high end and educated, that's a guess on your part. I would say it's more middle income old white males, based on my experience of actually talking to a fair number of his listeners, who own Macs. Well educated people don't fall for his emotional rhetoric, but those who are in the middle, who need someone to blame for their misfortunes, and who are afraid the U. S. is no longer a white man's playground, would be a more accurate representation of his audience, IMO.
Oh, so the upper income liberal elite don't fall for his "emotional rhetoric" but they will readily turn a blind eye to criminal violations by this Democrat Administration which threaten America.

Gotcha.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 2, 2012, 08:20 AM

Rush, Hannity, and Levin can be heard via WABC on iTunes. KABC also has Hannity and Levin, and Larry Elder as well. I haven't listened to any of them on a regular basis since Immaculate Heart/EWTN radio came on the air in Phoenix. three years ago. I listen to IHR on iTunes.

BTW, MSDNC would blame GW Bush.
45/47

sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 2, 2012, 08:21 AM

Man, you really aren't happy unless theres a threat to talk about eh?

Must be rough living in such a paranoid state all the time.

kimosABE
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 2, 2012, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
Man, you really aren't happy unless theres a threat to talk about eh?  

Must be rough living in such a paranoid state all the time.
I'm reminded of a hypothetical horror film where the trusty, loyal family dog starts incessantly barking in the night at the back door. And the audience watching the film keeps screaming at the movie screen for the homeowner to get a gun or knife or call the Police or something. But the homeowner just yells at the dog to stop barking and making such a fuss.

You may liken me to that loyal family dog.

And this dog won't stop trying to warn you of the danger at our door. sek929, it's time to stop shushing the dog and start paying attention to the threat beyond the 'door.'

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Oct 2, 2012, 09:13 AM

"Hopelessly Biased? Theatrics. Drama queen phrase.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Oct 2, 2012, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by OldManMac View Post
RACE CARD? Pathetic.

Far more liberals display their racist opinions on a daily basis. Chris Matthews, Al Sharpton etc are on the short list.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 2, 2012, 09:24 AM

And this dog won't stop trying to warn you of the danger at our door. sek929, it's time to stop shushing the dog and start paying attention to the threat beyond the 'door.'
Dogs bark at nothing all the time, and they live in tiny, closed-off worlds and have no perspective of the goings-on of a world much larger than themselves....so yeah, just like you.

People like you have existed since the dawn of time. Chicken little the-sky-is-faling types. You want everyone to live in the same perpetually frenzied state as you do, barking at the shadows.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 2, 2012, 10:14 AM

Dogs bark at nothing all the time, and they live in tiny, closed-off worlds and have no perspective of the goings-on of a world much larger than themselves....so yeah, just like you.

People like you have existed since the dawn of time.  Chicken little the-sky-is-faling types.  You want everyone to live in the same perpetually frenzied state as you do, barking at the shadows.  
I see him more as the boy who cried wolf. He wants the attention and the praise. The paranoia is just a method for legitimizing the moral implications of what he's doing.

kimosABE
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 2, 2012, 10:35 AM

People like you have existed since the dawn of time.  Chicken little the-sky-is-faling types.  You want everyone to live in the same perpetually frenzied state as you do, barking at the shadows.  
And because the homeowner refuses to even consider the dog might be trying to warn them of some real and some really bad danger, the monster devours him and his family and the trusty little dog.

And to think, he trusted you to simply investigate what the danger was. He'd already done the hard part. All you needed to do was to look and take action.

And you failed.

kimosABE
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 2, 2012, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
I see him more as the boy who cried wolf. He wants the attention and the praise. The paranoia is just a method for legitimizing the moral implications of what he's doing.
What if everything I'm saying is proven true AFTER B.O. is re-elected?

I promise you I will not take any pleasure in reminding you, 'I told you so!'

But remind you, I shall.

Because you put your own selfish, petty, emotional concerns ahead of the well-being of this country and our children's and grandkid's future.

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 2, 2012, 10:54 AM

What if everything I'm saying is proven true AFTER B.O. is re-elected?
What if they're not?

[/devastating counterpoint]
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

kimosABE
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 2, 2012, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by ShortcutToMoncton View Post
What if they're not?
[/devastating counterpoint]
Then I'll leave here and won't return until 2016.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 2, 2012, 11:11 AM

Wait, how long will it take for us to know what disaster Obama hath wrought?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 2, 2012, 11:12 AM

Because you put your own selfish, petty, emotional concerns ahead of the well-being of this country and our children's and grandkid's future.
What concerns am I putting ahead of OMG think of the children?

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 2, 2012, 11:12 AM

So in other words, you're flat-out admitting that you repeatedly cry wolf every 4 years, on the hope that one day the wolf actually shows?
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 2, 2012, 11:13 AM

To be fair, I don't remember him in 2008.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Oct 2, 2012, 01:12 PM

When you wake up and see Obama wiping his a$$ with the US Constitution on CNN. At the rate he's going, probably 18-24 months.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

subego
Clinically Insane
Oct 2, 2012, 01:22 PM

Though I haven't somehow come to the conclusion FOX is better than everyone else, it's undeniable the press gives Obama a free ride on a lot of things.

How much did the press (rightfully) howl over warrantless wiretaps under Bush? Obama has likely quadrupled down on them and the press doesn't give a shit all the sudden.

This isn't going to get better

kimosABE
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 2, 2012, 01:33 PM

Millions of us already know.

Some may take a while to know.

You?

A very, very, very long time.

If ever.

kimosABE
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 2, 2012, 02:25 PM

What concerns am I putting ahead of OMG think of the children?
Dakar, I think you and many like you, simply did not perform due diligence on the Dem. candidate in '08. And now I fear that in spite of any attempts that might be made at coaxing, cajoling or convincing you otherwise, and despite whatever incontrovertable evidence there might be, you are unable to consider your collective negligence of four years ago. And you genuinely believe and WANT to believe that because there are so many others like you who think like you do that you can't be wrong.

But someone among you must take it on themselves, for themselves and whatever they hold dear, to examine (if not who he was, how he came to power, who were his influences and associates, how he voted as an Illinois politician and US Senator, but...) what he has done well and what he has not done well in four years and what he has said he will do and what he has put into motion to happen upon re-election.

There are so many things that are setting off alarms in my brain and being that it makes me crazy. Every day there's something new. And they are in so many different areas. Breaking the law. Cover ups. Incompetence. Manipulating the press and the public. Lying. Flip flopping. Negligence. Weakening the military. Tax increases. Unprecedented deficits. Higher gas prices. Lower incomes. Unprecedented unemployment. Leaking military secrets. "Fast and furious," "Obamacare" and more.

I'm barking, trying to let you know there are serious problems ahead and if you don't take a serious look at Obama NOW, before he has a chance to finish his work of fundamentally changing this country, we will all regret it.

kimosABE
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 2, 2012, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by ShortcutToMoncton View Post
So in other words, you're flat-out admitting that you repeatedly cry wolf every 4 years, on the hope that one day the wolf actually shows?
How interesting is your way of thinking. I said I would leave until 2016. That's all I said. You drew your own conclusions from that.

kimosABE
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 2, 2012, 02:34 PM

Though I haven't somehow come to the conclusion FOX is better than everyone else, it's undeniable the press gives Obama a free ride on a lot of things.
How much did the press (rightfully) howl over warrantless wiretaps under Bush? Obama has likely quadrupled down on them and the press doesn't give a shit all the sudden.
This isn't going to get better
Exactly right.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Oct 3, 2012, 02:32 AM

I bet they're listening in to Abe right now.....

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 3, 2012, 05:45 AM

Then I'll leave here and won't return until 2016.

Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
When you wake up and see Obama wiping his a$$ with the US Constitution on CNN. At the rate he's going, probably 18-24 months.

Millions of us already know.
Some may take a while to know.
You?
A very, very, very long time.
If ever.
Doesn't sound like much of a deal to me. How about 2024?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 3, 2012, 05:47 AM

Dakar, I think you and many like you, simply did not perform due diligence on the Dem. candidate in '08. And now I fear that in spite of any attempts that might be made at coaxing, cajoling or convincing you otherwise, and despite whatever incontrovertable evidence there might be, you are unable to consider your collective negligence of four years ago. And you genuinely believe and WANT to believe that because there are so many others like you who think like you do that you can't be wrong.
But someone among you must take it on themselves, for themselves and whatever they hold dear, to examine (if not who he was, how he came to power, who were his influences and associates, how he voted as an Illinois politician and US Senator, but...) what he has done well and what he has not done well in four years and what he has said he will do and what he has put into motion to happen upon re-election.
There are so many things that are setting off alarms in my brain and being that it makes me crazy. Every day there's something new. And they are in so many different areas. Breaking the law. Cover ups. Incompetence. Manipulating the press and the public. Lying. Flip flopping. Negligence. Weakening the military. Tax increases. Unprecedented deficits. Higher gas prices. Lower incomes. Unprecedented unemployment. Leaking military secrets. "Fast and furious," "Obamacare" and more.
I'm barking, trying to let you know there are serious problems ahead and if you don't take a serious look at Obama NOW, before he has a chance to finish his work of fundamentally changing this country, we will all regret it.
Wait, what concern is it I'm putting above everyone else again?

Forum Links
Forum Rules