Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > wake from sleep slower for latest MBP with external display?

wake from sleep slower for latest MBP with external display?
Le Flaneur
Senior User
Dec 24, 2008, 01:01 PM

I've noticed that with my MacBook Pro late 2008 (unibody) connected in closed-clamshell mode to a 20" Apple Cinema Display, wake from sleep is significantly slower than in 10.5.5.

What I've noticed is that upon waking, the backlight comes on (the screen is blank), then there's a slight delay, the display shows everything as it was before sleep, then it flashes blue (my background color) and refreshes, showing what I just saw. It's basically doing the same thing twice -- I guess it's being very sure to check to see whether a display was connected during sleep. There also wasn't the wakeup stage where the screen is dark but the backlight is obviously on.

Anyone else?

Cold Warrior
Dec 27, 2008, 12:51 AM

How did you install 10.5.6 -- updater or combo update? I'd try running the combo updater.

Le Flaneur  (op)
Senior User
Dec 27, 2008, 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
How did you install 10.5.6 -- updater or combo update? I'd try running the combo updater.
Combo. Do you have the same config?

Cold Warrior
Dec 27, 2008, 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by Le Flaneur View Post
Combo. Do you have the same config?
Unfortunately no, I have a MBP C2D late 2006 model and I use it with a 20" DVI LCD. No issues to report like yours.

Do you have the password-on-wake option turned on? How is the wake speed with it off?

Le Flaneur  (op)
Senior User
Dec 27, 2008, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
Unfortunately no, I have a MBP C2D late 2006 model and I use it with a 20" DVI LCD. No issues to report like yours.

Do you have the password-on-wake option turned on? How is the wake speed with it off?
I do not have the password on wake feature enabled.

Forum Links
Forum Rules