Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > not your usual Mighty Mouse problem

not your usual Mighty Mouse problem
Le Flaneur
Senior User
May 8, 2009, 07:57 PM

The annoying need to clean the trackball frequently is well-known. But here's a problem that I can't solve: my Mighty Mouse appears to be dropping clicks. I'll click (almost always left-click) on a an article in NetNewsWire, for example, and nothing will happen, so I'll have to click again. Command-clicking a URL in Safari won't open a new tab with the page. And so on. I've substituted a MacAlly mouse to see whether the problem recurs, but it doesn't.

Has anyone heard of a MM dropping clicks? Is there a fix short of buying a new one?

wrambro
Forum Regular
May 9, 2009, 01:22 PM

Hmm I've never had this happen/heard of this happening. Are you using the wired or wireless version?

Le Flaneur  (op)
Senior User
May 9, 2009, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by wrambro View Post
Hmm I've never had this happen/heard of this happening. Are you using the wired or wireless version?
Wired.

Forum Links
Forum Rules