Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > What does this weird Leopard system log entry mean?

What does this weird Leopard system log entry mean?
Le Flaneur
Senior User
Oct 6, 2009, 10:16 PM

Hi everyone,

When I enable internet sharing, my system log starts to fill up with messages like this one:

Oct 6 21:14:24 Musa kernel[0]: Assertion failed: file "/SourceCache/AirPortDriverBrcm4311/AirPortDriverBrcm4311-366.91.21/SnowLeopard/src/wl/sys/wlc.c", line 28290: !AP_ENAB(&wlc->pub)

Any ideas as to what this means and how to fix it? I mentions Snow Leopard, but I'm running OS X 10.5.8!

larkost
Mac Elite
Oct 7, 2009, 09:33 PM

Wow... It looks like a debug version of that file got shipped (or somehow wound up on your system). That message is the sort you get when a C assert() fails. And those should compile out when compiling for production. I would definitely file a bug on that one. Lucky for the developer involved it should be really easy to find (if maybe not figure out).

Le Flaneur  (op)
Senior User
Oct 7, 2009, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by larkost View Post
Wow... It looks like a debug version of that file got shipped (or somehow wound up on your system). That message is the sort you get when a C assert() fails. And those should compile out when compiling for production. I would definitely file a bug on that one. Lucky for the developer involved it should be really easy to find (if maybe not figure out).
I can't even find the file. But as you can see, it involves the Apple Airport Broadcom driver, so the developer is Apple.

Forum Links
Forum Rules