Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Awesome Screenshot Safari extension disabled?

Awesome Screenshot Safari extension disabled?
tightsocks
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 11, 2012, 02:50 PM

We got a message dialog the other day in Safari that said something like, 'The Safari extension Awesome Screenshot can no longer be used."
It has disappeared from the Extensions list and trying to re-install it from the Apple Safari Extension Gallery fails silently and trying from the Diigo website gives a message dialog in Safari that the 'Extension cannot be installed."

Is anyone having this issue?

-Perhaps an issue with the developer certificate?
-Maybe Apple unilaterally disabled the extension for some reason (but didn't pull it from their extension gallery?)
-Maybe the extension no longer supported for Safari 5.1.7/Snow Leopard

The loss of the extension is not a major issue, but the lack of information from Safari is rather frustrating.
Is this an example of how Apple has implemented it's Big Brother approach to Apps?

The other day I contacted the Mac App Store support about a Mac App that I had previously downloaded but which is no longer available in the Mac App Store. I asked if the App had been pulled by the developer or by Apple and if Apple pulled it was it because of malicious behavior by the App? The rep replied that she 'could not speculate about why the App is no longer available..."
I found it frustratingly odd that Apple apparently does not track the status of Apps in the Mac App Store.

Forum Links
Forum Rules