Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > Disney Infinity for Apple TV no longer supported, Disney confirms

Disney Infinity for Apple TV no longer supported, Disney confirms
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Mar 31, 2016, 10:35 AM

Players of Disney Infinity on the Apple TV will no longer be bringing anything new to Disney Infinity 3.0 on the Apple TV. Responding to a customer query on a support forum, Disney advises "there are currently no plans for further updates to the Apple TV version" of the game, which means players will have to move onto game consoles if they want to play the game with newer generations of the collectible models and their accompanying playsets.

Spotted by TouchArcade, one user discovered that new Marvel Battleground figures were not working with the Apple TV's version of the game, but other models for the film Zootopia work fine. A moderator confirmed "The team is currently focusing on the traditional gaming platforms," and though there are no plans to make changes to the Apple TV edition, the developers are "always evaluating and making changes," with the moderator suggesting players keep watching for future news about Apple TV support.

While the news is disheartening to owners of the $100 Disney Infinity 3.0 Starter Bundle kit made for the Apple TV, as it will require the purchase of another starter kit for a different platform to continue playing with new models and content, they aren't the only players to be affected by a refocusing of priorities at Disney. Earlier this month, it was revealed the annual update schedule was paused, with version 3.0 of the game being extended for another year, saving parents from buying another generation of peripherals, but adding more models and playsets to the range instead.

Insaneboy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 31, 2016, 02:35 PM

Well that sucks. Bought a fourth generation AppleTV in part to 'replace' our dead Wii. I was thinking of getting the Disney infinity kit for my son(birthday is coming up) to use to play it as we have the Wii version and quite a few guys already. Guess I should be glad I had not purchased it yet. That's too bad, for the amount we actually do any gaming(not much) its not worth buying a console system.

Forum Links
Forum Rules