Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Powerbook 3400c question...

Powerbook 3400c question...
I WAS the One
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 31, 2003, 08:56 PM

I get a powerbook 3400c on ebay, great condition, 64mb Ram, 4GB, 200mhz, Its my first time working on something that old, but was really cheap, and you know how it is... it has Mac OS 7.5.4 or something like that, and I want to upgrade it to 8.1 or 9... I have the original cds, but when I put it on, and press the "c" key, nothing happens... .. I MEAN NOTHING HAPPENS, its like there is no cd inside.. and then when all the system is up... i see my os 8.1 cd on the desktop! how can I upgrade to 8.1... and why pressing the "c" key is not working? I now I can upgrade to at least 9.1 but HOW?? thanxs!
Enjoy My Mac Comic @ BLAST COMICS

infiniti
Apr 1, 2003, 03:14 AM

Perhaps try setting the system CD as the startup volume using the Startup Disk control panel, and then restart the machine...

I WAS the One  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 1, 2003, 10:57 PM

Originally posted by infiniti:
Perhaps try setting the system CD as the startup volume using the Startup Disk control panel, and then restart the machine...
I did what you told me, and nothing happens, the powerbook is spitting the cd everytime I restart it holding the "c" key!

H E L P
Enjoy My Mac Comic @ BLAST COMICS

Forum Links
Forum Rules