Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Officially a POWERbook owner now

Officially a POWERbook owner now
ink
Mac Elite
Sep 26, 2005, 02:55 PM

I got back from lunch today, and right there, sitting on my chair was my lovely new 12" powerbook. I hope my rev1 chicklet iBook doesn't get jealous.

brokenjago
Mac Elite
Sep 26, 2005, 03:34 PM

Nice . Pics! Pics!

DKeithA
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 26, 2005, 03:43 PM

Congrats; there's nothing like a new PowerBook.

Sophus
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 26, 2005, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by ink
I got back from lunch today, and right there, sitting on my chair was my lovely new 12" powerbook. I hope my rev1 chicklet iBook doesn't get jealous.

Congrats! It's a great feeling to unwrap a new mac!

Jens Peter
Senior User
Sep 26, 2005, 04:01 PM

Congrats Ink!

Why didn't this happen to me today ????

- oh, I already got a 12" powerbook

Love this little machine!

Dewaine
Sep 26, 2005, 06:32 PM

Congrats....

I'm sitting on the couch typing this on my 12" , "lil' Mac" right now. So glad I got mine.

tracemhunter
Forum Regular
Sep 26, 2005, 06:35 PM

im sitting on the couch watching dont tell mom the babysitters dead while typing this on my lovely 15" powerbook. there is nothing like opening up a new mac machine.

ibook_steve
Sep 26, 2005, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by tracemhunter
im sitting on the couch watching dont tell mom the babysitters dead while typing this on my lovely 15" powerbook. there is nothing like opening up a new mac machine.
Good taste in computers. Bad taste in movies.

Steve

tracemhunter
Forum Regular
Sep 26, 2005, 06:40 PM

lol directtv took away my cinemax, starz, and showtime so hbo is the only movie channel i have. there is nothing good on at this time of day anyway.

ink  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 26, 2005, 09:54 PM

Picture: Brothers

First impressions: Mmmm, smells like new tech! The Powerbook keyboard is sooooo much better than the iBook keyboard. I really like the three speakers, they sound much better (Jumbo off Beaucoup Fish sounds totally different). Applications don't launch that much faster on a 1.5Ghz G4 as compared to a 500Mhz G3 (disk speed?). The PB is actually a LOT cooler to the touch than than the G3 iBook for everyday uses. It came with Keynote and Pages, which surprised me. It's actually quite a bit smaller than the 12" iBook. The Airport range seems the same to me.

I had to download about 200 MB of updates on the first try through System Update (do you think that maybe Apple could pre-ship with the latest updates??).

I actualy made iTunes skip during the update (something which my G3 has never done).

Flip500
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 26, 2005, 10:24 PM

-Bionicles: A Web of shadows
-Bear's Sound a Sleep book
-A pair of huge scissors
-A bottle of... who knows what

ink either you need to separate your stuff from your kid's or... well if that's not true then I wish I didn't bring up the subject.

ibook_steve
Sep 26, 2005, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by ink
Picture: Brothers

First impressions: Mmmm, smells like new tech! The Powerbook keyboard is sooooo much better than the iBook keyboard. I really like the three speakers, they sound much better (Jumbo off Beaucoup Fish sounds totally different). Applications don't launch that much faster on a 1.5Ghz G4 as compared to a 500Mhz G3 (disk speed?). The PB is actually a LOT cooler to the touch than than the G3 iBook for everyday uses. It came with Keynote and Pages, which surprised me. It's actually quite a bit smaller than the 12" iBook. The Airport range seems the same to me.

I had to download about 200 MB of updates on the first try through System Update (do you think that maybe Apple could pre-ship with the latest updates??).

I actualy made iTunes skip during the update (something which my G3 has never done).
How can Apple take machines that have already shipped out to stores, packed in boxes, and add the latest updates to them? It's not possible. At least it's not a PC where it can get infected by something before you've even had time to install all of Microsoft's security updates.

Steve

GenoG
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 26, 2005, 11:44 PM

oh I got my powerbook a few months ago. My first baby! I had an iBook, but I gave that to my girlfriend I love the powerbook!
Studying right now for ACMT.

ink  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 27, 2005, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by Flip500
-Bionicles: A Web of shadows
-Bear's Sound a Sleep book
-A pair of huge scissors
-A bottle of... who knows what

ink either you need to separate your stuff from your kid's or... well if that's not true then I wish I didn't bring up the subject.
Ummmm

The bottle is Park City Brewing Company's "Baja - Es Muy Bueno"; kind of a local mexian beer knockoff (pretty good). The Bionicle book is my 6-year-old's, and the bear book is the 1-year-old's... The scissors are there because I needed something to snip the Oktoberfest balloons off their wrists on Saturday.

I'm eagarly anticipating the new Bionicle movie though.

Buck_W
Senior User
Sep 27, 2005, 08:51 AM

I just upgraded from a TiBook (867 Mhz) to an Aluminum 17" PB. . . and all I can say is, "Wow!" Actually, I could say plenty, but "wow" just seems to capture it. This is one sweet laptop. Kudos Apple!
17" MacBook Pro 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 320G HD | 8 GB RAM | 10.10.3

Forum Links
Forum Rules