Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > How to get a Intel Mac Mini Now

How to get a Intel Mac Mini Now
quiklee
Senior User
Feb 28, 2006, 03:15 PM

So, I've heard the horror stories of people ordering their iNtel iMacs and having to wait months. Then I heard stories of where if you customize your order, you can receive it sooner than most everyone. i.e. For iPods, you get it 10x faster is you get laser engraving.

Here's the Question: How do you customize the order to receive it faster?
I am part of Lakers Nation and love to buy Used Golf Clubs

toddtmw
Forum Regular
Feb 28, 2006, 04:01 PM

The Apple store says the new mini's are shipping in stock configureations in 24 hours.
The moderators in this forum have too much time on their hands.

quiklee  (op)
Senior User
Feb 28, 2006, 08:02 PM

does anyone know if they're available at the Apple Stores?
I am part of Lakers Nation and love to buy Used Golf Clubs

slugslugslug
Mac Elite
Feb 28, 2006, 10:48 PM

Probably someone working at an Apple Store. You can probably find one with the handy Yellow Pages widget if you're using tiger.

Sorry, I had to do it.

Gordio
Mar 1, 2006, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by slugslugslug
Probably someone working at an Apple Store. You can probably find one with the handy Yellow Pages widget if you're using tiger.

Sorry, I had to do it.
I went there today and I saw a old mini on display. I asked the guy when the new one is out on display cuz I wanna try it. He said they're already shipped and in the store room (but not on display), and I can buy it if i wanted to. I said no. But now ...damn I wanna go there and buy the model! but not open it till reviews come out. If good review= open asap! bad review= refund.

Does anyone know if you get it off the store, can you get the options like the 100gig space?, or not? i guess 80gigs is enough but 100 would be nice.

Gordio
Mar 2, 2006, 12:49 AM

update: i coudln't help it. I just came back from buying the faster model

icibaqu
Forum Regular
Mar 2, 2006, 01:52 AM

hey well let us know what you think, please.

the same thing happened for me today when i went to go see how the new mini performed (and check out front row, etc.) for my parents computer (true story: i have a couple days off so am here visiting. not five minutes after i turn on the parents dell to check my email, something random happens and i get the "blue screen." 2,000 years later after i've reset diagnostics, updated virus, and run a virus scan i get to leave. right then i said "this is too much" b/c i knew that later i was going to have to help do photo import stuff, etc).

anyway, they had them in back, but not out front yet. too bad b/c my dad became curious (he needs a computer for work) and after i explained how OS X is laid out, etc. he practically upsold himself to a 17" iMac.

the kicker is getting my mom to switch b/c she thinks they got this dell (POS) too recently. so she's a perfect candidate for the mini...especially considering the Bonjour stuff being advertised.

so yes...let us know.

mduell
Posting Junkie
Mar 2, 2006, 04:07 AM

Intel iMacs and Mac minis have no delay; they've both been available they day they were released. The MBP had a ~6 week lag between announcement and shipping (and are still backordered).

Forum Links
Forum Rules